🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Goblin Genocide?

Started by
4 comments, last by STVOY 24 years ago
Hey man, What exactly is Goblin Genocide. I am about to read Landfish''s massive post on it, but still it''s a fascinating topic. Don''t you think? Thanx In Advance STVOY Mega Moh Mine!!
Advertisement
I see what it is now. But I mean we all play RPG''s and
the like where it is a veritable orc and goblin slaughter.
But if it''s all in good fun it doesn''t nessacerily mean it''s
morally a bad game. Not to dish you Landfish, sorry.
Sorry about making a new post just for this but I felt it
should be said. Sorry again Landfish. Anyone else?

Thanx In Advance
STVOY

Mega Moh Mine!!
It''s not really a matter of morality as much as whether a game should include just mindless killing without any adverse consequences. In many games, no one thinks about why they''re just killing a buch of things. They just do it.
Need help? Well, go FAQ yourself. "Just don't look at the hole." -- Unspoken_Magi
No offense taken.

My biggest gripe about goblin genocide is: Why should any game have a crucial part of gameplay that doesn''t really relate at all to the game? Like FFVII. I must''ve spent about 80 hours playing that game, but 75 of those hours were spent killing monsters who had NOTHING to do with the game. It''s just bad design, and we''re relying on it so much because many of us are to scared to think for a minute.
======"The unexamined life is not worth living."-Socrates"Question everything. Especially Landfish."-Matt
I can agree with Landfish there. It''s probably
just to pad the game out I suppose. Actually I am
just about to buy FF7 I hear it''s great. I played a
little of 8 an it was brilliant. And 7 is supposed
to be better. But your right Landfish It is senseless
sometimes. But I don''t mind.

STVOY

Mega Moh Mine!!
If you liked VIII, by all means play VII! It''s great if you like Square''s stuff. I''m just a dilusional perfectionist idealist, whose seen one too many amnesiacs.

"The unexamined life is not worth living."
-Socrates
======"The unexamined life is not worth living."-Socrates"Question everything. Especially Landfish."-Matt

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement