🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

WW game. help bitte

Started by
5 comments, last by Nomadicbinary 20 years, 10 months ago
hello, my first post.I''m only 14 and am studying C++ so I''m only an amaetur. And had a go at 3ds max and maya and am considerably better at 3ds but still along way to go till I get a good low poly model of a russion infantry man up and walking. I''m now going onto the storyboard for a little project and the subject is Stalingrad. I''ve read up on it and have got the basic storyline with a sad ending. I''m thinking of a 15 mission campaign on both Russian and Germans. It''s all close quater battles in streets and house to house with the odd tank/jeep ride (your able to control these vehicles once the drivers and crew have been killed) the reason I didn''t have any fields is because there wasn''t to many or none, my knowledge is lacking, this''ll control the amount of players allowed online and lag if It ever gets that far in development! Really I''m just asking for links to pictures and information also if it''s a good idea Im really aiming for quality sound fx so the players sweats when he''s been shot at by anoymous heavy machine gunners and his teammates head suddenly drops from his shoulder and falls onto the cold floor. Also Xbox would be the perfect console as direct x and all the requirements is to time consuming. Thanks for reading Currently researching Stalingrad for a future game.
Currently researching Stalingrad for a future game.
Advertisement
Yeah, um, good luck.
Thanks, got any links?
http://www.privates-antiquariat.de/0stalingrad.htm

german, but if you click around you might see some pictures.
im not sure if this is some nazi site... didnt want to check all the content

[edited by - Pext on August 23, 2003 10:25:50 PM]
Thanks very much, and neah it''s no nazi site,cheers

I have read 20+ books about WW2 and several of them about the easter front. Stalingrad was npot the true"beginning of the end" as many people actually think but it acted more as an morale booster for the badly beaten Red Army. The German 6th army was trapped when the Red Army counterattacked the German supply lines in the winter of 1942 and thereby encircled the powerfull 6th army led by Paulus. I would stronlgy recomend that you read the book Stalingrad by Anthony Beevor to get the best description of this fearsome battle that once for all stated the word "streetwar".
You can also contact me for further info if you like, Im always happy to help.

Regs
Fredrik
theseraphim@tiscali.se
ahh I just started that book the first few chapters has enough information. I found it hard to imagine it but it helped me alot. I''m totally addicted to it now, but I got to much to do so it''ll take me a loooooong time before I ever start programming it and maybe even doing 3ds plus my GCSE''s are now if only we could all rely and the benefits. and I can''t be bothered to get my password.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement