Advertisement

Adobe Audition

Started by August 30, 2003 07:20 PM
1 comment, last by aramstudios 21 years ago
Hi, I''m just a noob at game music, but, I was wondering what everyone thought about using Adobe Audition (it''s brand new software, just in case you haven''t heard of it) for game soundtracks. I think it might work.
_______________________Dancing Monkey Studios
It IS cool edit pro
Ill take my vegas over that...
"... And what really sickens me? :-) well a company I contacted informed me that they had an audio developer.. they have bio on their website, he graduated in marketing and was the lead programmer, audio really is the side job."
Advertisement
Hi Aramstudios,

Yes, Javin is exactly correct. Audition is just Cool Edit Pro re-packaged. (Syntrillium software was recently purchased by Adobe). It is a good program for Sound FX, and if you have some good plug-ins its ok for mastering. But even though it has multi-track/looping capabilities you would probably find it rather limiting in the long run. If you are planning on doing anything with midi it''s pretty much totally useless.

You don''t really say what kind of music you are creating so it''s hard to recommend programs as there are so many. I use Sonar 2.1 (Cakewalk)in combination with GigaStudio and Reason. You might want to check out Samplitude, Project 5, Nuendo, etc. There are just so many. It''s really going to depend upon your budjet and what you want the program to do. Look at some of the old posts on this forum. The pros and cons of various programs have been discussed a lot.

Best of luck to you. :-)

www.sonicfarms.com
www.sonicfarms.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement