Advertisement

Age and money in the game industry

Started by September 09, 2003 05:24 PM
1 comment, last by Douglas 20 years, 12 months ago
I. First of all, I want to get a job as a programmer. Right now, I'm 20 years old and I'm beginning to study Computer Science. If I stop my studies after having acquired a Bachelor title (Bsc), I'd be 23. Otherwise, as a Master of Computer Science (Msc), I'd be 25. What do you recommend? Is there any advantage for me in game industry to be a Msc instead of a Bsc? Is 25 still a proper age to enter? II. What can I expect to earn if I'm a good programmer (but not the 2nd John Carmack)? How realistic is it to get "rich"? [edited by - Douglas on September 9, 2003 6:24:24 PM] [edited by - Douglas on September 9, 2003 6:34:44 PM]
CU Douglas
There''s sod all chance of getting "rich" working for the Man.
Work for yourself and you''ll probably be better off but you''ll have to weather more serious ups and downs.

The games industry is a mug''s game, too. If you''re working for the love of it, you really ought to be working for yourself.

Cas
Advertisement
What does "sod all chance" and "mug''s game" mean (I''m not a native speaker and my attempts to figure their meaning out with a dictionary failed)?
CU Douglas

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement