Advertisement

Mac vs. PC

Started by September 27, 2003 11:46 AM
11 comments, last by death adder 20 years, 11 months ago
quote: Original post by D2
One thing you will hear about this argument of mac vs PC is ProTools. ProTools is industry standard, found in most recording studios and most pro engineers use ProTools.

Why is that a Mac vs PC argument? If you go to the digidesign site and look at Pro Tools screenshots, you''ll see that a lot of the screenshots are from Windows XP.

--
AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.
[Project site] [Blog] [RSS] [Browse the source] [IRC channel]
--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]
news to me. I know that the only Windows version of ProTools Digidesign made was for Windows ME,, and even then it was the scaled down version. I dont know much about XP except that I''d wait until they didnt make software for Win2K Pro before switching to it.

Anyway, cool if they''re supporting XP tho. I stand corrected then.
Advertisement
quote: the most anoying thing is that it only has one mouse button

LOL. I wonder how many people in the world who actually have a sigificant preference on mice sticks with the one that comes with their computers. News flash: you can use any mouse you like with a Mac, just like with PCs. It amazes me that there are still ignorant people out there who use such stupid arguments against Macs.

quote: and of course there's much less software for mac

That's absolutely true. However, what's significant is quality, not quantity. There are probably billions of applications for Windows, but most are—quite frankly—junk. The ones worth using, like Photoshop, Office, etc., can all be found on the Mac; incidentally, the Mac versions are often considered better. Games is the only area in which your argument is significant. Of course, many of the most popular ones are found on the Mac, eventually.

Since both platforms probably have all the software you'd need to do work, use which platform you think is better. It seems as though most anti-Mac people have never given them a fair chance; they expect them simply to be expensive PCs. The Mac OS is what makes Macs different, and if you're a closed-minded PC person, then of course you'll think Macs are a pain-in-the-ass. However, if you give it some time, you'll come to appreciate the difference in interfaces. Check out this article to read about the differences that I'm talking about. I'll bet that it mentions things most of you hadn't even though of as issues in interfaces.

[edited by - merlin9x9 on October 1, 2003 4:15:40 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement