🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

display list in complex project

Started by
3 comments, last by chris82 24 years ago
it''s the first time that i do a program in c++ that is more than one file. i want to create a display list,store it in a file and recall it from the main program. how can this be done? can someone give me an example?
Advertisement
You could store the Display list function in a header file which is what I do. It helps keep everything nice and tidy.

GLvoid BuildLists() - Name of the function
glNewList(Object, GL_COMPILE); - Name Of Display List

To call Display List House then just simply call this line in your main program:

glCallList(Object);

Oh and don''t forget to include your header file at the top of your main program like this:

#include "DisplayLists.h" - Name Of your header file

Hope this helps you out.

You could store the Display list function in a header file which is what I do. It helps keep everything nice and tidy.

To call Display List House then just simply call this line in your main program:

glCallList(Object);

Oh and don''t forget to include your header file at the top of your main program like this:

Hope this helps you out.

glCallList(Object);

Hope this helps you out.

oops

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement