🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Problems with Lesson 13 in fullscreen mode

Started by
5 comments, last by steve_bruce 23 years, 12 months ago
Has anyone else had problems with lesson 13 in fullscreen. I have a 16MB Voodoo 3 2000 and the when I try to run the program in windowed mode it works perfectly fine. However when the program is in fullscreen mode it''s almost as if the program has crashed. It hangs for a few seconds and then displays a couple of non moving corrupt looking letters. After that I have to press Alt + F4 repeatedly to get the program to close down. What the hell is going on here then. I suspect is is the crappy Voodoos up to their tricks again. Am I right and is there a way around this extremely annoying problem.?.
Advertisement
Hey,

Yep, been there done that. I have the exact same card as you and the exact same thing happens.. I''m pretty sure, like you are, that it''s the damn thing..

Anyway, I''ll tell you what I did.. I ignored the tutorial.. ( sorry NeHe.. hehe ) But if I can''t use it full screen on my computer, it does me little good..

However, I wrote a font class based on the code in lesson 17. It''s quite a bit worse because you have to make bitmaps for whatever font you want, but alas it works ( and well I might add ).

So my suggestion is to check it out.. I''ve recently downloaded the TTF file format document and hope to get around to rebuilding my font class to use those..

cheers,

bosco()
--leader of the free world .. or something ..
Thanks
At least I know it''s the Voodoo thats the problem. I''ll try tutorial 17 like you said.

If you''re sweating font building, check out my freeware app Bitmap Font Builder!

http://www.LMNOpc.com/

ThomW
www.LMNOpc.com
Money, money, monnnn eeeyy ( sing this like the song.. )

Hehe, I'm on lunch and I gave it a look.. Has promise for sure.. I need a nap so I'm gonna take a look at it after work.. But I hope it does what I need..

I only support a very limited number of characters in my font class and it's broken up over to bitmaps. So I'd say it's pretty specialized.. ( the goal WAS flexibility.. LOL ) But, I'd be more than happy to register it if it frees me from Photoshop font building..

thanks for the link,

bosco()

Edited by - bosco on July 7, 2000 11:45:29 AM
Uh...

What part of FREEware don''t you understand...

Just kidding,

ThomW
www.LMNOpc.com
Yeah, yeah, yeah.. I saw that the next time I went back there.. My bad .. so sue me.. :p

Anyway, just to let you know, checked it out.. very nice.. unfortunately will not fulfill my needs..

Thanks for the point there though.. nothing like shameless plugs.. hehe

bosco()

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement