🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Fortune cookie messages.

Started by
42 comments, last by JTippetts 20 years, 7 months ago
Confucious Say: "Many man smoke, but foo man chu."
Advertisement
Probably already here in one form or another (searches for "help" and "factory" were without result):

Help me! I''m being held captive in a fortune cookie factory!
Dinosaurs eat man; woman inherit the Earth.
Blt 'em Blittin' Blips.
I like the quotes in my signature...

-----------------------------

When men speak of the future, the Gods laugh.

An apology for the devil: it must be remembered that we have heard one side of the case. God has written all the books.
Samuel Butler (1835 - 1902)
-----------------------------When men speak of the future, the Gods laugh.An apology for the devil: it must be remembered that we have heard one side of the case. God has written all the books.Samuel Butler (1835 - 1902)
You are naked, but for your clothes.
Be alert! We need more lerts!
The question of whether a computer can think is no more interesting than the question of whether a submarine can swim. --Edsger W. Dijkstra

When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon --?

Those of you who think you know everything are annoying to those of us who do. --David Brent (The Office)

If you don''t have a spine, they can''t break you. --Wally

Beware of programmers who carry screwdrivers. --Leonard Brandwein

Criticism is often constructive because it makes you feel superior when you give it. --Dogbert

I don''t like jelly. I don''t trust the way it moves. --Gareth Keenan (The Office)

Please, no need for insults. Let''s solve this as civiliced people, with brutality and senseless violence. --Wednesday Adams
"-1 x -1 = +1 is stupid and evil."-- Gene Ray
"To err is human. To really foul things up requires a computer."

"Use time rather than be used by it."

"There is no time for time-wasters."
Sweetness. I''m truly glad I made my fortune table so easily expandable. I am afraid that the silly/wise portion has now quite overwhelmed the game hint/misdirection portion. But keep ''em coming!

sunandshadow: Thank you! I picked your list over pretty thoroughly, and found quite a few that will work beautifully.

Josh
vertexnormal AT linuxmail DOT org

Check out Golem: Lands of Shadow, an isometrically rendered hack-and-slash inspired equally by Nethack and Diablo.
quote: Original post by VertexNormal
Sweetness. I''m truly glad I made my fortune table so easily expandable. I am afraid that the silly/wise portion has now quite overwhelmed the game hint/misdirection portion. But keep ''em coming!

sunandshadow: Thank you! I picked your list over pretty thoroughly, and found quite a few that will work beautifully.

You''re welcome, I''m glad it was helpful. Don''t worry about having too many silly quotes - look how well that worked for sim city.

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement