🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Annoying bug when editing forum FAQ

Started by
2 comments, last by WitchLord 23 years, 11 months ago
When ever I''m editing the forum FAQ all the apostrophes are doubled. This is quite annoying and I''m hoping that you could fix this somehow. If need be exchange them with the html character code & #39; ' - WitchLord

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Advertisement
I made some fixes which should hopefully end all of the reply count misreports. I checked up and saw that I changed the authorization level to delete posts up to only allow moderators (of their respective forums) and admins to delete posts. I set the level back down again.. let me know if it works for you.

---
Michael Tanczos
Well, I can delete again. But you didn''t fix the real problem, I see that you did some changes but now just switch all the apostrophes to quote characters, which doesn''t really make it better. Now words like: doesn''t, isn''t, it''s, becomes: doesn"t, isn"t, it"s. This isn''t much better than when you doubled all the apostrophes.

As I do a little ASP/SQL programming myself at work I understand why you are doing these changes. May I suggest that you do this instead:

text = Replace(text, char(39), "'")

- WitchLord

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

I ran in to the same problem with a project at work.

The error you probably made at first was that you forgot to exchange the double apostrophes to one when you moved the text from the database to the textarea in the form.

If you fix this you may disregard what I said earlier about using '

- WitchLord

Edited by - WitchLord on July 11, 2000 5:04:10 PM

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement