🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

PlaySound(); linker error

Started by
3 comments, last by J-W 23 years, 12 months ago
This might be a stupid question, but I''m going to ask it anyway :-) When I use the PlaySound(); command the compiling of the program .cpp file goes OK but then I get a linker error: error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__PlaySoundA@12 fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals and after that: Error executing link.exe. (dûh) does anybody know how to get rid of this error? A game with no sound is like a fancy sports car with no engine :-) plz help me!
____ __ __/ _` / / /_ _ ___ _ ___ /_/_ /___ __/___ __ L /__/ _//__/ _/ ____/ _ _ /___/ /_/ /_/rulez
Advertisement
This might be a stupid answer but did you included winmm.lib?
Well it''s more like a fancy sports car without leather seats.. or seats at all really, but point taken.. :p

bosco()

--
leader of the free world .. or something ..
--leader of the free world .. or something ..
Hmm, without leather seats... true, hadn''t thought of that. I was thinking more along the lines of being deaf and missing out on the cool stereo, the whine of the engine at high speeds, and the sound of wind whipping over the sleek curves of the fancy sports car. But it definitely would take away from the experience if you had to sit on vinyl seats, argh (especially after it''s been sitting in the parking lot all day on a very hot and sunny day and you happen to be wearing shorts! Man that''s hot!)

Morgan
quote: Original post by richardve

This might be a stupid answer but did you included winmm.lib?

ooops.. hmmmm.. I knew it was a stupid question.. thanx!
PlaySound now works... (Hey, at least I''m making progress now :-)

now it''s like a sportscar with a engine.. or leather seats.. or whatever..

:-)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement