🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

the Matrix GBA Project

Started by
19 comments, last by casey blitx 20 years, 7 months ago
http://www.xiaoxiaomovie.com/movie/movie03.htm
http://www.xiaoxiaomovie.com/movie/movie07.htm

look there!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
be good
be evil
but do it WELL
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>be goodbe evilbut do it WELL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Advertisement
I appreciate your views Carnage. I have no intentions of publishing anything though. Concepts so far have been that some missions would be overhead (like gta 1 and2), some missions could be 2D (like street fighter 2 to mix some fighting into the game) and rpg battle screens similar to those of Final Fantasy. I do realize that it may be quite a task to mix all of these engines into 1 game but I feel that it is not impossible. Only time consistant. I would however like to create a project of originality

I suppose I did not do a well job of including that this was planned to be a Public Domain rom (freeware). I never planned on selling it (Fidelio66: how competitive are the odds against an amatuer freeware gba rom against the major market behind Enter the Matrix? There is no compitition. I never had the attempt to try to outdo ETM; It is impossible.) What I did plan to do is make the type of game that I myself would like to play and be able to share it with others.

Hey cool downloadable flash movie @ http://www.xiaoxiaomovie.com/movie/movie03.htm
What about something similar to the concept of the matrix with Rpg Maker?
The project sounds like a huge undertaking and one no doubt full of problems but, regardless, I respect your dedication and enthusiasm. It sounds like an interesting opportunity to try something new and perhaps bend the rules a little with an interpretation of a popular franchise, providing fans and gamers something worth playing while, at the same time, paying homage to the source material.

I''d be interested in helping out, if I can, just let me know what state the project''s in and what you are planning and needing and I''ll see where/if I can fit in.

Email me on danielchant@hotmail.com if it''s still open for discussion and we''ll take it from there.

Thanks.
The brothers will have your ass on a platter for this. All of those Mario ripoffs, did not use any storyline elements or characters from the Mario games.

--------------------------------------
I am the master of stories.....
If only I could just write them down...
I am the master of ideas.....If only I could write them down...
he can get off with doing it because things like fan fiction come out all the time, if he is not making any money off of it and the game says the characters and storyline portrayed are trademarks of warner brothers and that his work is merely a fan fiction style work they would never bother sueing him or even turning a cheek. stop yelling at him if you dont know what the cheese your whinning about.
"he can get off with doing it because things like fan fiction come out all the time, if he is not making any money off of it and the game says the characters and storyline portrayed are trademarks of warner brothers and that his work is merely a fan fiction style work they would never bother sueing him or even turning a cheek."

People that write fan fiction get sued all of the time. It just depends on whose copyright they are breaking. Some people don''t care if someone uses their idea, while others get POed.

--------------------------------------
I am the master of stories.....
If only I could just write them down...
I am the master of ideas.....If only I could write them down...
I figure if you make a little game, and distribute it for free by way of a website, and make it as a school project, and never advertise, charge, or otherwise use the copyright for commercial purposes, and put a big disclaimer and credit sheet in it, you might be able to get by. They can shut you down any time they want to, for just about any reason they want to cite. They're lawyers, and there's nothing your code-jockey ass can do to stop them.

But if they don't, and until they do in any case, you can produce a fun little game. And even if they bone you for copyright issues, you can change the name and the graphics and re-release it. No problem. After all, the characters and names are the only things the Wachowskis didn't steal from somewhere else in the first place. They can't exactly copyright dreamworlds, brain-in-a-vat philosophy or wire-powered kung fu, can they?

The problem I still have is your plan to make it for the GBA. How on earth will you make a GBA game without being published? Those little plastic cartridges have got to be a proprietary medium, and I doubt you can get the games onto the GBA any other way.

EDIT: If you're thinking about emulation, you may as well save the lawyers some time and put your own ass in a sling right now.

[edited by - Iron Chef Carnage on November 18, 2003 11:49:05 PM]
If you make a game and call it "The Matrix" and use characters from the movie and so forth, that it copyright infringement and you can be prosecuted (whether you will be would remain to be seen). What you can do however, is make a game influenced by The Matrix. For example, call your game "The Vector" or some other play on the movie''s name.
-YoshiXGXCX ''99
You say you want a small game to be cross platform? Why not just make it with allegro. Then you can compile it across different platforms without changing any code.

Could be a sidescroller action / platform game like some of these other posters have said. Have a ground/platform to walk on and make the background the falling bitstream. Would look cool.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement