🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

the empty vault!

Started by
1 comment, last by skitzo_smurf 23 years, 11 months ago
I was just looking over the site and I noticed that the code vault is really lacking when you look at all of the great programmers registered on gamedev.net. I was thinking that we could get together as a group and improve the code vault. In fact, I will gladly post the entire source to my current project, Jewels, as soon as I get done. later, skitzo_smurf
"Innocent is just a nice way to say ignorant, and stupidity is ignorance with its clothes off."words of,skitzo_smurf
Advertisement
Looks like the code vault will be reorganised as well, so it might become a bit more accessible.
I think I''ll post my vector/matrix classes up for people to look at.

Give me one more medicated peaceful moment.
~ (V)^|) |<é!t|-| ~
ERROR: Your beta-version of Life1.0 has expired. Please upgrade to the full version. All important social functions will be disabled from now on.
It's only funny 'till someone gets hurt.And then it's just hilarious.Unless it's you.
Yeah, the Code Vault is being reorganized. A couple of things to keep in mind:

• Code that appears in it should be complete and done. i.e. any code that is still being maintained actively should not be in there. We used to include things like the CrystalSpace engine, but since it''s difficult to keep the most recent version, we just linked to it instead.
  • The Vault is really intended for JUST code, with limited documentation. If you''d like to submit code with a tutorial describing what it does and how to use it (which is, IMO, much more useful), it should be submitted as a Sweet Snippet.
  • Part of the reorganizing of the Code Vault will include moving much of the DemoFX section into it, since it contains a lot of source code that meets the criteria above. The DemoFX section will then be closed down.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement