🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Final Submissions

Started by
9 comments, last by Mushu 20 years, 7 months ago
Okay - I submitted my final copy of Mushu2 to the ftp server... (--Do I now have to send an e-mail to confirm this?--) Anyway... since my wonderful creation has left the nest... might as well wish you all good luck! Enjoy!
You''re entitled to your own opinion, even though it''s wrong..
There is no spoon image.
Advertisement
My home internet connection has been down for a week now, and I can only get to a cybercafe with read-only FTP access I''m gonna have to send it as an e-mail attachment. Can only hope it gets accepted...

I good you bid evening.

InitGames Software | InitGames Software forums
hmm i hope mine will be accepted too, ehm no not realy, havent changed anything (but i hope there is no "you have to resubmit" clause...)

T2k
I''m just wondering, I saw a bunch of people saying "yeah, i''m gonna participate" but there were only half a dozen or so submissions at midterm. How many submissions will there actually be?
There WERE 6 midterm submissions, then we got the week extension for the final submission... dunno if anyone else changed anything or IF they even submitted, though... only time will tell...

*** Yay!! If no one changed anything then maybe I might win!!! Hooray!! (jumps up and dances) ***

You''re entitled to your own opinion, even though it''s wrong..

There is no spoon image.
Right now I have resubmissions for DustBot, LiquidAir, and Mushu, and I assume the rest are just going to use their midterm entries...

I also received one more bot, and I think I'm going to include it, with restrictions. The bot name is Tailslide. Its author emailed me and said he just found out about the contest and developed a bot really quick for the final deadline. To be fair to everyone else, I'm going to place tournament restrictions on the bot, although the only restriction I know of for sure right now is that Tailslide cannot be the bot that gets a bye in the first round. I may place another restriction, but it requires a little more work on the tournament brackets and I haven't thought that deeply about it yet.

I will be creating the tournament bracket in a few minutes, so I'll post it in a new topic here.

Unfortunately, I don't think there will be any way to replay the matches this time around. Due to various reasons since I released the last GDArena executable, I have not been able to work on the source code enough to implement a record/playback system.

I'll let you know more about the tournament soon..

Kevin "Khawk" Hawkins
CEO and News Director, GameDev.net
Software Engineer, Raydon Corporation
Author, OpenGL Game Programming
Contributing author, Game Development: Tricks of the Trade , "Using the UML in Game Development"
Developer Diary

Admin for GameDev.net.

Whew.. thanks! When the source code comes out please remember I only had 3 days to write tailslide it''s really messy..

(Hi everyone)

TS
Don''t worry, Tailslide - HuBot''s source is...sad.
No, no... you can't take my glory... Mushu's code is the worst .

[edited by - Mushu on November 10, 2003 4:33:33 PM]
quote: Original post by Mushu
No, no... you can''t take my glory... Mushu''s code is the worst .

[edited by - Mushu on November 10, 2003 4:33:33 PM]

sounds like a sub-competition (worst bot code), count me in :D 3k of lines pure crap etc...

T2k

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement