🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Final Bots available for download

Started by
1 comment, last by khawk 20 years, 7 months ago
You can get them at http://www.gamedev.net/community/contest/gdarena/entries/GDArenaBetaBots.zip. I would definitely be interested in seeing any results of your tests with them playing each other in your own tournament type competitions. I''m curious if the tournament we are seeing unfold is "accurate". It''s definitely fun.. Kevin "Khawk" Hawkins
CEO and News Director, GameDev.net
Software Engineer, Raydon Corporation
Author, OpenGL Game Programming Contributing author, Game Development: Tricks of the Trade, "Using the UML in Game Development" Developer Diary

Admin for GameDev.net.

Advertisement
          \x|            |            |            |            |            |            |            |          y\|  Hexagon   |LiquidIntell|   HuBot    |  DustBot   |   Mushu    |  Nosfera   | Tailslide  |------------+------------+------------+------------+------------+------------+------------+------------+  Hexagon   |    2:3     |    1:4     |	   2:3     |    3:2     |    1:4     |    1:4     |    1:4     |------------+------------+------------+------------+------------+------------+------------+------------+LiquidIntell|    4:1     |not possible|	   1:4     |    4:1     |    3:2     |    3:2     |    5:0     |------------+------------+------------+------------+------------+------------+------------+------------+   HuBot    |    5:0     |    4:1     |not possible|    5:0     |    3:2     |    4:1     |    4:1     |------------+------------+------------+------------+------------+------------+------------+------------+  DustBot   |    1:4     |    0:5     |	   0:5     |   crash    |    0:5     |    0:5     |    1:4     |------------+------------+------------+------------+------------+------------+------------+------------+   Mushu    |    2:3     |    1:4     |	   1:4     |    4:1     |not possible|    4:1     |    4:1     |------------+------------+------------+------------+------------+------------+------------+------------+  Nosfera   |    3:2     |    3:2     |	0:4 (1Draw)|    4:1     |    2:3     |    1:4     |    4:1     |------------+------------+------------+------------+------------+------------+------------+------------+ Tailslide  |    2:3     |    2:3     |	   1:4     |    2:3     |    1:4     |    1:4     |    3:2     |------------+------------+------------+------------+------------+------------+------------+------------+Format= (x/Red vs y/Blue) x:y wins of 5 roundsSome stats (Shadow Matches not counted, and a match is 10 rounds, so look carefully in the above table that shows half of a match per cell!):    Bot     |    Kills     |    Deaths    | Matches Won  | Matches Lost | Matches Draw |------------+--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------+  Hexagon   |      38      |      22      |      5       |      1       |      0       |------------+--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------+LiquidIntell|      21      |      39      |      1       |      4       |      1       |------------+--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------+   HuBot    |      10      |      49      |      0       |      6       |      0       |------------+--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------+  DustBot   |      48      |      10      |      6       |      0       |      0       |------------+--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------+   Mushu    |      24      |      36      |      2       |      4       |      0       |------------+--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------+  Nosfera   |      26      |      33      |      2       |      3       |      1       |------------+--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------+ Tailslide  |      40      |      20      |      4       |      2       |      0       |------------+--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------+--------------+Result:DustBot > Hexagon > Tailslide > Nosfera > Mushu > LiquidIntell > Hubot   

you can download a complete list of the fights stats here (there was no skipped round/match and they are listed in the order they where played

edit: Dustbot has killed 50 not 48, so there may be more slight errors...and the result is based on the matches and not the kills!

T2k

[edited by - T2k on November 12, 2003 6:14:46 PM]
Yah... I did my own set of pre-tournament calculations, testing pretty much every seed combo... anyway, here are the placings I came up with...

(best)
Dustbot
Hexagon
Mushu
Nosfera2
LiquidIntell
HuBot
(worst)

I did this before the release of either Tailslide or the new bots, but I was really suprised when I killed Hexagon, and was crushed when I saw that I was up against Dustbot next..

Good matches everyone! Hope to see you in GDArean 2: Vengence.

You''re entitled to your own opinion, even though it''s wrong..

There is no spoon image.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement