🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Stick men wars

Started by
2 comments, last by wasd 20 years, 7 months ago
Anyone ever do stick man war doodles? You know, where you draw a load of stick men fighting each other (Usually in one on ones) The whole scene would take up a piece of A4 and totally disregard any kind of physics and stuff, but would take up time while you were bored (Which is why I usually do them in lectures). Anyway, does anyone think a game of stick men wars would be a good idea? I suppos it would be kind of like a cross between worms and something like shogun:total war. Any ideas? --------------------------------------- Let''s struggle for our dream of Game! http://andrewporritt.4t.com
Advertisement
There was a game that made quite a stir on these forums about 6 months ago. It was called Stick Soldiers or something. Might want to look around for it.

Designing such a game as an RTS might be fun and kinda cool, but the chaotic nature would prevent real strategy and limit gameplay.
7|-|3 p057 @b0v3 i5 c3/^7i|=i3|) 1337!100|< |=0/^ j||3|/|7
I always thought Stick men would be optimal for massive scenes and sophisticated inverse kinematics effects. I remember researching some artificial intelligence experiments a few months back, and finding that some teams had made stick men that could walk, run, and climb just by using their joints and limbs, without any pre-set animations or heuristics. It was jerky and awkward, but neat.

And of course everyone loves Xiao Xiao.
The only innovative thing concerning the stick men game I can think about right now is making them from real sticks (wooden rods). Something along the lines of Blair Witch stick figures and voodoo dolls.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement