🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Possible solution for getting movies

Started by
4 comments, last by Dragon88 20 years, 7 months ago
Kevin, you should be able to use Fraps to record the matches to .AVIs which you can then package into a zip, etc. here's a link to the fraps website: www.fraps.com [EDIT: Screw this, I can't get the link to work, but there's the URL] (Stolen from Programmer One) UNIX is an operating system, OS/2 is half an operating system, Windows is a shell, and DOS is a boot partition virus [edited by - Dragon88 on November 19, 2003 6:08:00 PM] [edited by - Dragon88 on November 19, 2003 6:08:14 PM] [edited by - Dragon88 on November 19, 2003 6:08:42 PM]
Advertisement
or he could record some stats per update + initialized arena object positions and reduce the size for playback to some kb''s instead of some mb''s etc. and i think we have some 56k users which would prefer the smaller sized downloads...

T2k
quote: Original post by T2k
and i think we have some 56k users which would prefer the smaller sized downloads...

Here here!
Fine, but just because some people are connection-handicapped, doesn''t mean that the rest of us shouldn''t have it :D

(Stolen from Programmer One)
UNIX is an operating system, OS/2 is half an operating system, Windows is a shell, and DOS is a boot partition virus
I actually looked into doing this before I started the contest up, but it wasn''t working like I had hoped and I didn''t want to take a chance on bot processing being affected.

I''m going to get replay files in the next version, anyway. I just have to do some rework on the code to get it implemented.

Admin for GameDev.net.

Sweet.

(Stolen from Programmer One)
UNIX is an operating system, OS/2 is half an operating system, Windows is a shell, and DOS is a boot partition virus

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement