🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Links

Started by
2 comments, last by Muzzafarath 23 years, 11 months ago
Most people use <a href> tags when making links, but many don''t (they just post the address). I think it''s very annoying to have to mark the URL, try to see if I can paste it directly into the address field, if it doesn''t work, start notepad and remove all newline characters and then paste it into the address field. It would be _a lot_ easier if the msgboard would just turn everything that starts with a http:// or www. into a link. I don''t know anything about the pattern-matching capabilities of asp, but if this forum was written in Perl, it would be really easy to make this thing happen. Anyone agree with me?
I'm reminded of the day my daughter came in, looked over my shoulder at some Perl 4 code, and said, "What is that, swearing?" - Larry Wall
Advertisement
sure, whatever you say boss...

..-=gLaDiAtOr=-..
I think Mike said he''s going to do this in a future update.
I was thinking of the same thing this morning, I clicked a link and it didn''t work :/
hate to edit an URL, then I have to drag my mouse ALL the way to the location bar, and edit it with my rsi hands

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement