🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Lets All Make A Game

Started by
0 comments, last by lilpunk8uout 20 years, 6 months ago
I cant make any kind of models and add all kinds of textures ive useless knoledge on prgraming though. I use 3dsmax 5 and blender and to make my games ive been using Morfit game engine and 3d studio but even if they belieabe there engines are capable to do anything i strongly disagree... I wanna make a game with a bunch of programmers and otehr artist. The game i have in mind is a MMORPG. But not any RPG i want one where its like a huge chat room and the time is base on 2004 and you live out your lives getting skills on what ever we make for them to get better at... i wanna create a world with racing/sports/fishing you name it. i talked to a few friends i met in a forum and we did some research and it can be done i just need a few programmers and if the game makes any money after we create a site for it and charge a small free we will divide it all. Just think of a game where we can just throw ideas at till its all done... im now a job quiter neither i just dont drop things so i need some dedicate members the only problem is that im 18 work at mcdonalds and my band rarly gets shows so no one gets money unless the game sales... reply to this and i will reply right after sean vandeusen
sean vandeusen
Advertisement
Three things:

First, there''s no way you''ll get a bunch of game design buffs together into a cohesive, like-minded group. Too many chiefs. Maybe if you start recruiting for specific jobs and got to know the people you''re working with, you''d have a chance.

Second, your post is practically incomprehensible. It''s possible that English is not your first language, but if it is, you should probably work on composition, grammar, and typing skills. Few people will finish that gauntlet of reading with good feelings toward you.

Third, you want to produce an MMORPG? Based on that? My friend, I appreciate your optimism, but unless your "team" consists entirely of Nobel Prize-winning computer scientists for the code, Turner Prize-winning artists for the graphics, and a million monkeys at a million typewriters for the story, you''re in WAY over your head.

So, in conclusion, this is a pessimistic post. If you have skills and drive, then there''s nothing you can''t do... eventually. You''re 18, about the age of the protagonist in Heinlein''s novel "Have Space Suit, Will Travel". Read it. It''s short. If you want to go to the moon, you have to set about it in a systematic way. Good luck.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement