Advertisement

Additional Posting Guidelines

Started by January 06, 2004 09:37 AM
2 comments, last by Andrew Russell 20 years, 8 months ago
Hi chaps. Just a few things I think would make posting on this forum better (I''ve updated the FAQ too): - If you''re posting a link to a music file, please specify some technical details about it (ie: filesize, length, quality settings, format (if the extention dosn''t specify it), etc). In particular is filesize, as some people (like me) still use 56k. Also, it would be nice to specify things like production time and software/hardware and stuff, as it just saves people having to ask what you used. Kind of stuff that would go in a - Please don''t post "oh while I''m here, please look at my song too" comments in someone else''s thread. Start your own. I think that''s about it for now. Anyone have any other ideas? Free Game: Yet Another Falling Block Game
In addition to posting that information in the forums, it would be great if people would take the time to fill in the header info of the music files. I''m talking about the author name, date produced, contact info, etc that appears when you look at the file properties. I''m sure I am not the only one who downloads a sample song and then a few months later I find a great use for it, but I don''t have any way to contact the author.
Advertisement
Do you think it''s good to have "thumbnail" versions of music... just a few measures to listen to before you download the full version?
-solo (my site)
That''s a good idea, 5010, although I''m not going to make it a requirement, it would be nice if the author has the time.

AP: yes, filling in ID3 (or whatever) tags would be appreciated. And as he says, it could also land you a job or something - well worth the effort.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement