🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Banners

Started by
3 comments, last by jonnyfish 23 years, 11 months ago
I remember reading somewhere that the Gamedev banners are filtered, so it could be related to this problem/complaint. All I''ve seen so far are the same 2 or 3 ads for wireless video cameras. I''m not against banners; if I see something I like, I''ll click for more information, but seeing these same ads every single day can get pretty aannoying. ____________________________ "You're probably right this time, but I don't want to listen! You're probably right this time, but I don't even care!" - Chino Moreno
Advertisement
On top of that, they all use these cute blondes in their adds. Somehow I doubt that if I had one of those cameras that I could film cute blondes with it. HOWEVER, they are FAR preferable to the pop-up adds. I wouldn''t take this request TOO seriously if I were you, but some variation would be nice. But now we''re just being whiny users on a free message board (that doesn''t spam us, niether). I''m officially shutting my hole.

=====
Are you aware that the people who bring you television actually refer to it openly as "programming?"
=====Are you aware that the people who bring you television actually refer to it openly as "programming?"
2 things:

The popups should be gone for good. I talked to DoubleClick this morning, and they said they would not book popup ads on GDNet ever again.

As for ad variety, the ad technology is supposed to be smart, but how it defines "smart" I have no idea. From what I have seen, rather than mixing up the order you see ads in, it seems to show the same ad over and over until the quota is met, then move on to the next one, etc. I can''t see how this would be effective, but I''m not sure if we can do anything about it.
Ok, so which ads appear have nothing to do with you guys?

The ads have finally seemed to change into something relevant. I can only guess as to how long this will last
I know this might be a little off topic, but....

I just have to say that the most annoying ad I ever saw on this site was the one the flashed between two responses below the message "Do you hate annoying ad banners - Yes or No?".

I was in the chat room while this ad was flashing in my face and after 5 minutes I was ready to click anything to get that ad out of my face.

Ok... I''m finished bitching now.

borngamer

Man was born to game, we only work to pay for our toys!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement