🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Testing... Testing... 1...2?

Started by
38 comments, last by Landfish 23 years, 11 months ago
Anon, it might help if we knew who you were...

Pacman:

=====
Are you aware that the people who bring you television actually refer to it openly as "programming?"
=====Are you aware that the people who bring you television actually refer to it openly as "programming?"
Advertisement
Nazrix: I actually noticed something in the thread where someone recently became a moderator.

Freakshow:

-------------------------------------------
"What's the story with your face, son?!?"

Edited by - pacman on July 25, 2000 6:51:06 PM
-------------------------------------------The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.Exodus 14:14
Such a system will have to be quite flexible to incorperate all the ideas expressed in this forum. I suggest building a scripting engine into the core of the simuluator to allow people to modifiy aspects of it easily. The scripting engine can be based on one of the freely availbale ones like lua, small c, or phython. The design of the engine itself will be critical. Perhaps a start would be to specify some deisgn goals for the simulator.

Good Luck

-ddn
Not to be a dick about this, but I''m worried. Someone is going to have to do the grunt work of programming. I fear that what might come of this is a bunch of ideas for a solid design, but no one wanting to program and get it running. I know a little, but not enough to begin something like this. Heck, I''m not done with my own RPG yet...but I''ll keep my ear to this thread.

My view on programming, what It means to me, what it meant to me. ~Squall012
Anon, yeah, you are going to get mistaken for that Landfish guy. You don''t want to be associated with him

"The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom." --William Blake

"The road of excess also just ends up making me tired because I'm too lazy" --Nazrix
Need help? Well, go FAQ yourself. "Just don't look at the hole." -- Unspoken_Magi
Ferinorius - don''t worry about the grunt work, I''m the grunt here
The reason I''m joining the project is because I was already DOING the grunt work, but I need more design input

Give me one more medicated peaceful moment.
~ (V)^|) |<é!t|-| ~
ERROR: Your beta-version of Life1.0 has expired. Please upgrade to the full version. All important social functions will be disabled from now on.
It's only funny 'till someone gets hurt.And then it's just hilarious.Unless it's you.
quote: Original post by MadKeithV

Ferinorius - don''t worry about the grunt work, I''m the grunt here
The reason I''m joining the project is because I was already DOING the grunt work, but I need more design input

I''m just validating my registration with the site you mentioned above. I guess you''ll here more from me on that site soon enough

What languages shall it be coded in btw?

I love Game Design and it loves me back.

Our Goal is "Fun"!
I''m mainly C++ at the moment, but I am adaptible...
I can go from Assembler, over C and C++, to Java or Visual Basic even if need be. It depends on what everyone''s comfortable with and who wants to contribute actual code besides just good ideas.

Give me one more medicated peaceful moment.
~ (V)^|) |<é!t|-| ~
ERROR: Your beta-version of Life1.0 has expired. Please upgrade to the full version. All important social functions will be disabled from now on.
It's only funny 'till someone gets hurt.And then it's just hilarious.Unless it's you.
Freakshow, Nazrix, that _is_ my screen-name, as of recently. . .yeah, I guess it could be confusing, but *gosh-darnit*, I like it!!

Also, I''d like to reiterate that I''m willing to help, but I''m not all that skilled yet, so my assitance would be in writing simple functions, etc. or something along those lines. In other words -all the junk no-one else wants to bother w/-! :]

I''m your grunt!

And if my screen-name''s really that troublesome, I _could_ change it.
Object C! object C! object C!

J

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement