🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Story stuff in an RPG

Started by
12 comments, last by Ferinorius 23 years, 11 months ago
nazrix : I think the word you want is Manicheism ... when you jsut don''t have any shade of gray. Black or White .. and that''s it.

Oh and if you''re on about evil/good. Maybe you should check the RPG called In Nomine Satanis Magna Veritas (In Nomine, for the american version by Steve Jackson games).
I would bet the guys who did Dogma must have seen a bit of this game... the humour is just way too similar

youpla :-P
-----------------------------Sancte Isidore ora pro nobis !
Advertisement
Actually, I think that you make a lot of sense. Although I rarely make sense either, so maybe that is why

Is Diablo 2 really good, or is it just more of the same stuff? O''course, the same stuff was a pretty damned good game.

"The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom." --William Blake

"The road of excess also just ends up making me tired because I'm too lazy" --Nazrix
Need help? Well, go FAQ yourself. "Just don't look at the hole." -- Unspoken_Magi
ahw:

Is that game a computer game, console, or table-top?
Need help? Well, go FAQ yourself. "Just don't look at the hole." -- Unspoken_Magi
*Humbly bows and thanx Nazrix* I am glad that I actually provoke some thought at least some of the time

Diablo II? IT IS FAST! Forget that slowness that is in Diablo, you are to experience some FAST combat, quick thinking and reaction is a MUST! I love that in gameplay... Killing Diablo himself in DII was a little slower though... As a Paladin, I stand and hit and use potions, at the same time, I can use the keyboard to type messages to my friend.... I love the secret cow level though... LOL... Lots of fun...

The story in Diablo II is really good (too linear though ) but has a cool twist at the end... I wont spoil it for you (but I did see it coming ).

And I can''t stop quoting Tyrial in the scene after Act II! "FOOL! ..." It has the coolest cinematics (story wise and other ) that I have seen that is really related to the game. It has some good atmospheric sound that really give you a feel for the game, and the graphics are good too (not that I really care about graphics... it could be in 320x200x256 for all I care.. ).

I really recommend it... It really is a lot of fun

-Chris Bennett ("Insanity" of Dwarfsoft)

Check our site:
http://www.crosswinds.net/~dwarfsoft/
Check out our NPC AI Mailing List :
http://www.egroups.com/group/NPCAI/
made due to popular demand here at GDNet :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement