🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Automatic Player Actions in CRPG

Started by
9 comments, last by DungeonMaster 23 years, 11 months ago
XP Bad, Skills Good

My rule system is adapted from a game where there is no XP and no levels, the player learns skills by using them. There is also some points granted depending on the role playing wich the player may distribute in the skills as he wants.

So if the character does something, as long as it is the player giving the order, I think I will let him learn the skills associated with this action.

I had not thought of doing an ellipsis of the automated actions, and I''m not sure it would be a good idea. I would rather let the player look his character doing the given task. I dont know yet if I will automatize very long set of actions.
I will try to avoid random encounters as much as i can for i think an encounter should be planified.

So much to do and so little time...
------------------"Between the time when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius there was an age undreamed of..."

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement