🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Lesson 6, this is really bugging me!!!

Started by
0 comments, last by BillyBoo 23 years, 11 months ago
Yup, it''s another post on lesson 6 again... Well this time I''ve tried everything...^_^ even changing the desktop video modes and such, I''ve been reading the open Gl superbible on pixelformats and the pixelformat descriptor, but it seems running nehe''s tutorial either in fullscreen or windowed mode still gives me the error (can''t find suitable pixel format). Now as far as I know by reading in the superBible on this topic,the device used for rendering chooses the approriate rendering pixel format that''s available,furthermore I''ve used a program called GlView and it shows that the pixelformat mode used by NeHe''s tutorial is a valid format,so my question is this (why is it giving me this error either in windowed or fullscreen mode?) keep in mind I''ve tried changing the video mode of my desktop to perhaps adjust for some discrepencies in the pixelformat descriptor,because I know you could have problems with trying to run in an incompatible mode. So, if anyone has had a similar problem please let me know how to fix this. I''ve been writting 2D games for a while now and I''m just getting into 3D stuff,once I get this problem out of the way I can start making some 3D games!!! hahahaha! Anyway as Always,any help is appriciated. Bill WWash46508@aol.com
Advertisement
Have you checked the drivers of your display driver ? I had a Banshee and there was such a problem till i changed my drivers

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement