🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

game help

Started by
5 comments, last by logicpill 23 years, 11 months ago
could somebody tell me how to make an multyplayer pool game
Advertisement
yeah, first you write a pool game and then you add multiplayer.

oh, and can somebody tell me how to vomit up $1,000,000?

while we''re at it, can somebody tell me how to write quake 3?

JoeMont001@aol.com www.polarisoft.n3.net
My HomepageSome shoot to kill, others shoot to mame. I say clear the chamber and let the lord decide. - Reno 911
while we''re at it, can someone tell me how to write a simulator like nascar 4, with animated pit crew, roof flaps, infield animated audience and crews, and victory lane, and windshield haze?

a2k
------------------General Equation, this is Private Function reporting for duty, sir!a2k
ohh... its very simple: take a c++ compiler, install it, start it and than press F3 - in the following dialog klick the radio button "Pool Game" and than click on the "advanced" button an there you click on "mulitplayer" - thats all! the compiler do the rest for you...

look at www.easygameprogramming.com for more add ins to your compiler! there are serveral add ins for creating a quake like game, an adventure game and many many more... all free

a tipp: press F4 to find the right company to publish your game!

ok no yokes any more: i think the best way is to buy a book - f.ex. "Game Programming for Dummies" and try to start game programming - and than some loooong month later you should try to convert your game to a multiplayer game ...

good luck!
elmo

First you get 10,000 one hundred dollar bills. Blend them in a blender, with a mixture of carrot, apple and cat food (gives it body). I suggest doing this in batches of 100s. Take one large hefty bag, and freeze this delecious mixture. Over a series of weeks you break off a large chunk, thaw it out and drink it down as an early morning power drink. Try not to voimit before you finish the first glass, as it might discolor the reaming liquid.

Enjoy

-ddn
Seriously, here goes

Ok, first question: Is the game multiplayer on one computer (2 ppl at one keyboard) or is it multiplayer across the internet?

If the game is multiplayer on one computer then you need to just develop the game and get all of the good stuff like physics modeling into it, then all you have to do is implement turns by having a second player structure.

If it is multiplayer across the internet, then you will have to (using DPlay) create a lobby, session, and all the good multiplayer stuff with DPlay and then connect to the server with both clients. If you dont want to use directplay then you should check out a book about multiplayer programming using tcp/ip or UDP. One book is ''CodeWarriors in C''. It is old but still tells you how to do tcp/ip and udp stuff.

And about the vomitting one million dollars, I guess you would have to shove it up the other end and then stick a pole in there to make sure it comes all the way up.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement