🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Sick of todays game plots

Started by
62 comments, last by boolean 20 years, 4 months ago
Sounds like its got plenty of potential.
I think that a very interesting hatchling type story could be done. The AI is new innonecent and doesn't have any real understanding of the what it is, or the outside world. In fact the AI doesn't comprehend the diffrence between it and the girl as far as the AI belives Humans are just another type of computer system. So when the girl leaves the AI doesn't understand why it can't commiunicate with her anyome.

That begins the AI escape from lab scenario.

Afterwards like suggested control switches to the girl. However The AI doesn't realize have fragile people are compared with its abilites nor does it understand the world. So in its attempts to contact the girl it unwitingly puts her life in jeproday.

-The girl is spending her day off at the amusment park with her boyfriend, They have a fight over work and he leaves. The girl still angery remains behind and decideds to take a ride on the new high tech haunted house. When the system starts going hay wire.(Puzzle solving level as she tries to find her way out)

-The girl is at home cooking dinner on the gas stove, when an electronic control valve opens fully, flooding the apartment building with gas and which erupts into flame. The girl now trapped in the burning building.(Time escape level, girl has solve puzzle and escape from the building.)

The more I think about this idea the more I can't help but feel it would make a better love story gone wrong story. With the AI becoming stalker due to its lack of understanding. The AI could even accidently kill the girl's boyfriend. Forcing the girl to stop the AI.

Of course you could stick with the love story perhaps with a star crossed lovers story. The girl with an abusive controlling boyfriend, maybe he is also her boss. This could lead to an interesting tandum final level. Where the girl is imprisoned at the lab and so the AI and girl work together to free her. Leading upto the girl deciding that her only way to escape from her boyfriend and his allies forever is to upload her conscious into the AI.

Offtopic: I can never understand why so many people consider FF7 to be the best of the series and such a great game. I personally never liked it much. In my opinion story wise FF8 was far better and minigame wise you can't beat FF9 which I would say overall is probably the best of the series. Altough I was a little annoyed that, in the cut scenes the villians are able to destroy entire cities with summon monsters while generally those same monster won't kill an enemy when used in battle.

-----------------------------------------------------
Writer, Programer, Cook, I'm a Jack of all Trades
Current Design project
Chaos Factor Design Document

[edited by - TechnoGoth on March 7, 2004 5:01:58 AM]
Advertisement
Well, IMO you should try MMORPGs, anyhow, this is the only kind of game I play other then FPSs when I'm bored and the FF titles (When they come out).

MMORPGS have a great feel as they have huge lands with certain beautifull areas to just be there and look around I Love exploring in them. Most of them have very nice people who play (Unlike other games like Diablo 2 where its just a bunch of immature kids talking trash and not knowing how to spell "you").
Only fault I can see in them is the cost (usually like 13$ a month) thought, they usually have great customer service and patched/added content every 2 weeks . Well basically, MMORPGs are the best kinds of games on the market as you have a nice social environment, nice thrills in most of them, beautifull landscape, option for actual Role-Play, and hack-free game. Currently playing DAoC (Dark Age of Camelot) as my MMORPG and it keeps me happy .

For the Final Fantasy thing about FF7 being the best, I agree, IMO it wasn't too great, and again, as you said, FF8 had the best story (Althought, I did enjoy FF9s more cliche story and FF10s original one), and FF9s card game was great . (I haven't tried FF10-2 but it seems crappy as it seems storyless and has a much more commercial base then the others (Couple of hot girls as main characters :D).

[edited by - Skippy_Cheval on March 6, 2004 10:18:20 PM]
quote: Original post by Genjix

Also I was thinking if they are in love there could be someway for them to live together later on at the ''end''.

How about the player finds a way to kinda ''jack in'' to the AI, like going into the matrix. She meets the AI as an icon of what he thinks he would look like as a human. But maybe the AI dosnt want to let her leave so easily

I like the idea TechnoGoth posted that since the AI is talking to her through text based chat programs or whatever, he would just assume she is another program.

Genjix: Could you start this in another thread? The problem is that people are only reading your post IF they read mine and all the posts underneath it.

Hiya all, been away these past few days programming, and writing up design docs so I can start to introduce new programmers. Development has reached the first phase, woo! New thread? ok, the new thread i have called ''The AI Love story''. More news there.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement