Advertisement

Looping parts of a music file

Started by March 02, 2004 08:55 AM
1 comment, last by proveren 20 years, 6 months ago
I have a rather strange question. Since i am so involved in NES hardware & games, i would like to ask you if i can create a function that plays a music file''s(lets say a midi) first part and loops the second part like the nsf files. To illustrate my idea: MUSIC DATA: la-la-la-la-ta-da-ta DESIRED MUSIC OUTPUT: la-la-la-la-ta-da-ta-ta-da-ta-ta-da-ta-ta-da-ta-ta-da-ta...(I think you got the idea) Thanks
How can we talk about the reason of our lives if we ourselves did not choose to live ?
With MIDI it''s quite easy to do on the musician''s side, but you have to find a programmer or a playback device that supports the controller used for it.

It''s controller #111, but there are some sequencers like Anvil Studio that refer to it as b06f and other weird names.
Advertisement
quote: Original post by CBlockDis
With MIDI it''s quite easy to do on the musician''s side, but you have to find a programmer or a playback device that supports the controller used for it.

It''s controller #111, but there are some sequencers like Anvil Studio that refer to it as b06f and other weird names.

6F is 111 in hexadecimal.

You can also do this for MOD files.

Also that weird format electronic arts uses can do it, this format is waveform (not sample), IIRC, but to be able to loop nicely (no clicks), you have to be very careful when creating your wave file.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement