🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Top View Car Action Racing Simulations

Started by
7 comments, last by Paul Cunningham 23 years, 10 months ago
TVCARS ------ What ever happened to the old Top View style of racing games. I really miss them. Why does every thing have to be FPS 3D these days. It''s just so stupid. I love Game Design and it loves me back. Our Goal is "Fun"!
Advertisement
HallO!
Hmm i miss them alittle to.
However i really loved Grand Theft Auto but then they destroyed everything in GTA 2.
But i guess 3D car games is the future and as everything else is 3d these days car games will to.

Im almost finished coding our new top down space-based racing game. just imagine the spaceships are cars if it helps :-)
HERE IT IS

http://www.positech.co.uk
All of the best games that i''ve played are in my imagination pity i can''t play them multiplayer. But the ai''s pretty good, well sometimes anyhow.

I love Game Design and it loves me back.

Our Goal is "Fun"!
I liked Micro Machines racing for SNES, because there were a bunch of different vehicles.

Anyway I kinda wanted a top-down view for my racing game, Hover, but I also wanted 3D:

You can check out my demo here, btw.
What''d they ruin in GTA2, sigmaent? I''ve got GTA2 and enjoy it very much, but I''ve never played the original.

I think I''d like an update to the Spy Hunter game in a GTAesque environment with expanded gameplay, mission styles, and storyline. (I think it was Spy Hunter, the one where you drove this car with machine guns, oil slicks, spiked wheels, etc. and had to duke it out with mob cars and whatnot. Old old arcade game. Loved it on my C64)
That anon post was mine, just forgot to log in.

What''d they ruin in GTA2, sigmaent? I''ve got GTA2 and enjoy it very much, but I''ve never played the original.

I think I''d like an update to the Spy Hunter game in a GTAesque environment with expanded gameplay, mission styles, and storyline. (I think it was Spy Hunter, the one where you drove this car with machine guns, oil slicks, spiked wheels, etc. and had to duke it out with mob cars and whatnot. Old old arcade game. Loved it on my C64)
I loved playing games like RC Pro Am,Spy hunter and micro machines.Rock and Roll racing for the SNES was another great racer,it was part spy hunter and part Pro Am.
Nice screenshot Eric, it''s nice to know that someone out there is doing it! Would you like to shed some light on what the game will be about?

I played GTA1 and really enjoy the first level or two but i got bored after that. It just seemed a little cramped. What i''d like to see is a racing game from the top view that has a good track and graphics (detailed). I think a top view racing game must be high in graphical detail. It just goes with the show.

I would like to see FirePower brought back with a lot more features and better graphics and sound. With full internet capacity. That''d be neat!

I love Game Design and it loves me back.

Our Goal is "Fun"!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement