🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Texturing - probably a stupid question but...

Started by
3 comments, last by BlueGrass 23 years, 11 months ago
I''m using OpenGL 1.1 and i''m trying to use the functions glBindTexture and glGenTextures. It gives me this error: Call to undefined function ''glGenTextures'' Weren''t these just used in the OpenGL texturing tutorial?? What''s up with this? Thanks! Blue, Blue Grass...
Advertisement
quote: Original post by BlueGrass

Call to undefined function 'glGenTextures'

Did you make sure you included:

windows.h // Header File For Windows
gl\gl.h // Header File For The OpenGL32 Library
gl\glu.h // Header File For The GLu32 Library
gl\glaux.h // Header File For The Glaux Library

Also, did you spell it right?

(Courtesy of NeHe )

-SkyFire
------------------------------------------------------------

Ud. me maneja loco porque...bueno, porque

Edited by - skyfire360 on August 3, 2000 12:52:01 AM

Edited by - skyfire360 on August 3, 2000 12:52:58 AM
I do real things with imaginary numbers
Hi...
skyfire is right ... but make sure you have the newest includes ... this may sound stupid ... but I had similar problem, when I even included *.h but my compiler had them without some definitions ... funny but true ... download from opengl.org

Pet
Pet
Go sure that you add the corresponding ''.lib'' - files to the project. See the tutorials for more information.
it does sound like you didn''t include one of the files. however, the opengl headers that come with msvc++ 6 are up to date enough to have this function.

JoeMont001@aol.com www.polarisoft.n3.net
My HomepageSome shoot to kill, others shoot to mame. I say clear the chamber and let the lord decide. - Reno 911

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement