🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Started by
6 comments, last by Neoshaman 20 years, 3 months ago
that's all "storyform" that we could create for story, the abstract structure, and it's computable!!!! also valuable material to make story more easy go look here to have more information.... all start here here incredible here kick ass here funny resume here resume here :o can't beleive.... here call a doctor i have a heart attack (check the brainstorming option...) here pray google, god of information gathering EDIT: ok thanx orion now it's fix but why i'm a gdnet staff???? >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> be good be evil but do it WELL >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> [edited by - neoshaman on April 1, 2004 12:19:10 AM]
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>be goodbe evilbut do it WELL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Advertisement
How 'bout I help you out here, eh?

all start here
here

[edited by - orionx103 on April 1, 2004 8:04:54 PM]
That''s a lot of reading - very interesting, but it''ll take me another day or two to get through it and come up with a comment.

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

OMG!!!!! I just downloaded the demo, and I cant believe how usefull this program is!! IT FREAKIN R0X0RS!
quote: Original post by boolean
OMG!!!!! I just downloaded the demo, and I cant believe how usefull this program is!! IT FREAKIN R0X0RS!

Which demo? There are 3 or 4 there. I downloaded the Dramatica one and am playing with it curently. Haven''t encountered anything really cool yet, but I''m not done answering all the questions so I don''t know what it''s going to do with the answers.

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

quote: Original post by sunandshadow
quote: Original post by boolean

Which demo? There are 3 or 4 there. I downloaded the Dramatica one and am playing with it curently. Haven''t encountered anything really cool yet, but I''m not done answering all the questions so I don''t know what it''s going to do with the answers.

quote: call a doctor i have a heart attack (check the brainstorming option...)
here

i beleive that for a fluent writer, this is less impressive
what is impressive for me is that the theorys is so clear than anything is computable, the brainstorming part is awesome for what i''m lokking at...
it''s the most detail theory i have ever see since now, but i have read all the book at once, they says it''s only the half of what they have find, and the more rational too, for me it save a lot of time and help find hole in my story design

in fact this is the origin of everythings
http://storymind.com/mental_relativity/basics.htm

don''t mind about the download request, it''s much too old

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
be good
be evil
but do it WELL
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Uh, I was talking to boolean when I asked "which demo?"

Anyway, I have now spent quite a bit of time playing with dramatica and my conclusion is: Its story engine doesn''t work. I was using my novel-in-progress as the example and it''s absolutely impossible to get a storyform with the right choices, whenever I make one it automatically excludes other necessary ones. Relatedly, it''s crippling to not allow more than one character to have some of the same motivations, methodologies, and etc. in the character building screen.

So while it''s an interesting paradigm, the specifics are IMO not correct or particularly functional.

actually you have to read the theory, because they have a special terminology

story is single problem orianted
a work may have several story

your work has multiple story, there is multiple perspective, the engine deal with only one at once

truly read the theory is awesome, i was convince at the 30p of the pdf version (the link above is html) and at page 90 i have approve, on 323page

i use it to manage my world (multiple perspective then) and it work great!!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
be good
be evil
but do it WELL
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement