🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Milkshape help please!!!!!!

Started by
3 comments, last by Fantasy Edge 23 years, 10 months ago
Im a little stuck in milkshape 3d right now. I dont know how to skin my models. If you could be of any help, please reply to this post.
Advertisement
texturing in milkshape is one of the easiest thing in the program. first i suggest u head over to their page and check the tutorials. but heres a quickstart. first select ur model(or group) then go to the material tab and press new. a new material will apear on the white space. then press on the none button and select the texture and open(i dont know what does the second none does, check that on their site) the sphere should be wraped with the texture u opened. now press assing(if u cant see it ) try resizin the window(restore and mazimise the window). after that ur model should have the texture(on the 3dperspective window make sure u have it to show textured objects, rigthclick)then go to window\texturecoordinator. this is the app thats great, in here u can select how ur mesh is textured(its always a planar uv) u select front,left,ect. and find the one that shows the points of the model in reference to the texture(if a face it would be the front of the model), the select verticies to make the uv fit the texture, use [1.0]|scale| to zoom in. thats all there is to it, hope it helps

Edited by - TG on August 10, 2000 10:55:32 AM

Edited by - TG on August 10, 2000 11:17:49 AM
thanks man. that is very helpful. Im thinking that you have the ability to map multiple textues with that second "none"
incidently, you wouldnt know of a way to render it without 3d depth? i mean like a cartoon?
I want my 3d graphics to look similar to that sprite i drew above
nope, milkshape is just a modeler, not a renderer, u need another program that can render, for a cartoon look i think some progs out there have cartoon shaders and special plugins that render cartoon like images. dont know of any thats a good one. try redering it in a 3d prog and using a paint prog to make it look cartoonish
well ... it''s 3DSMAX, but that''s the ONE : cartoon reyes (if I remember coorectly).

youpla :-P
-----------------------------Sancte Isidore ora pro nobis !

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement