🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Review My Story

Started by
4 comments, last by bdc256 20 years, 2 months ago
(long?) This story is just the intro to the games. Lines should be spoken in a Preordered scene before PC gets control of charter (begin story) It was many years ago that man first discovered the art known as necromancy. When He first brought fourth the dead from beyond the grave, to do his will. At first the art was sacred. Then Son's would raise their fathers to protect the family, or villages there fallen elders to learn from their wisdom. Men however greed for power. Soon this sacred art cast a shadow over all the lands, as Kings and warlords summoned forth army's that they might expand their wealth. Whole army's were sent to death in suicide assaults, only to be raised again once they had fallen. Soon the dead army's had brought ruin to all the city's of the land. The great forts and monuments reduced to rubble, and the high towers were reduced to stepping stones. The whole land was in ruin and the necromancers came to rule it still fighting each other for complete control. In this time it is destined for a hero to rise among us. This one will know the ways of the dark art, for he will be trapped under on of their spells. He will rise from being the servant to master, but will this bring order or chaos, salvation or will it end all hope? None can tell. (end of Part II) (part to intro)spoken by a godlike figure I am sorry my brave soul. but you have been slain in battle. however you remain upon this plain, for your soul has been trapped hear by necromancer dark spell. You however were strong in life, and so are strong in death. Many of the black sorcerers fight to control you and you must choose who you will serve. {end part II) any comments, suggestions or any response at all would be greatly appreciated [edited by - bdc256 on April 18, 2004 12:12:55 AM]
Advertisement
I''m gonna be brutally blunt: learn to spell. Seriously, it''s rather bad. ^^;

Sounds pretty good, I''m guessing there''s going to be a series of pre-rendered images/animations displayed in time with the text? Though I have to admit, you''re kind of giving away the punchline right at the start. Are you sure you don''t mind telling the player "Hey, your guy is quite probably going to become some badass spoken of in a prophecy" right from the start?
sorry about the spelling. Fixed some of it.

Yes pre rendered images will b dosplayed in time with graphics. It is pretty Obvious, don''t know how to fix that. Later on I plan to raise the question on if he realy did die or not.

Thanks for the response any others are welcome

Well, in many games there''s little doubt that the player character will eventually save the world, so telling them that isn''t such a bad thing, and it can help grease the wheels for the story later on, since it lets you avoid the whole "reluctant hero" thing.

The idea is a pretty neat one. I hope the character will have been a legendary or at least popular warrior in life, and that will affect his status as a zombie or whatever. I''m not entirely sure how a zombie will fight to end the abuse of necromancy, but if it involves civil rights, I''m out of here.

Is there any clarification on the "Godlike Figure"?

You''ll have to flesh out (pardon the pun) the zombie system. Annihilating the population to make an army of the undead might be a bad thing if zombies aren''t valid citizens during peacetime.
The player may or may not be zombie. He is told he is at the start, but that fact will be disputed throughout the game. I was not thinking about having any npc''s as zobies except at the necromancers bases, but they will be considered evil by the citizens all the time.

Play once through Wonder Project J. It''s basically the same story, but with robots.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement