🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

DirectPlay: Problem Overriding Modem

Started by
-1 comments, last by Edu Garcia 23 years, 10 months ago
Hi! I''m programmer in UbiSoft and working at this moment in racing game. I''m in charge of Network module and I have got some problems overriding the modem in my game. Inside the game I inicialize the service provider and the session without overriding the modem and everything seems to work ok. I get the Dialog Boxes asking me about the Modem to use and phone number. I set and click to answer and the session seems to be init properly as I can check with another computer with DPMon (I can monitorize de session). The problem comes when I try to override the Modem inf. so no DialogBox pops in the screen. I create my DPAddress with create compound address, I init the connection and create the Session getting correct return values for all the functions. But when I try to monitorize the session from the other computer, there is no answer from the modem. I have created a new project from scratch and paste the code for overriding the modem and it works! I have checked that the SessionDesc structure has the same inf and so on, and both codes have the same data but one works and the other one (the one in the game) doesn''t. Any clue or hint about the problem? Thanks in advance Eduardo García Sacristán egarcia@ubisoft.es
Eduardo García SacristánProgrammer. UbiSoft Spainegarcia@ubisoft.es

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement