🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Quick 2d Pixel Sprites

Started by
11 comments, last by Kandolo 23 years, 10 months ago

.-I´m a programmer, so I don´t know this by my own experience but as see other people work and specially my artist, these time the best way to make real good sprites is modelling them 3d, animate them. It you are good that takes less time, looks better and helps VERY much reusing models... I think is the best way... I think that pixel by pixel drawing is just needed for finishing up some frames... But all your knowledge is needed for making good textures/tiles/skins and for static backgrounds/pictures...

What the hells!
What the hells!
Advertisement
I agree to a certain extent and disagree. This is dependant entirely on what style of art work the game follows. If you used 3d sprites in Legend of mana the game would look pretty bad im sorry. THe point of hand drawing your sprites is say you have a drawn backdrop. you have to ballance the graphics somwhat. Im a fan of what square has done with its 3d games lately. 3d characters on prerendered backings.

I suppose you could use low poly 3d and then prerender that but dude..
actually, I''m not an artist ;p I do stuff when I can''t find people to do it for me

and, I know the benefits of 3d.. I already know how to use 3d

It all depends on how you want your game to look. So what if something isn''t very practical?
- T. Wade Murphy

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement