🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Why Wait For The Aliens To Come?

Started by
9 comments, last by Voodoo4 23 years, 10 months ago
We have all get used to the idea of humanity defending its existance against some violent alien intruders that come to take over the planet ,kill the humans and take all its resources. Well listen to this: In the near future humans get technologically advanced enough to make space travels to near solar systems. They discover in one of them a planet inhabited by an alien civilization less advanced than ours. And like when the Europeans colonized the rest of the less "civilized" world(by slaying the inhabitants,taking their resources,making them slaves,etc.),humans take over the planet and colonize it(i said technologically advanced not mentaly ). You play the part of an alien rebel that wants to free his planet from the tyrants(us!) and bring peace again. He gets help by other alien rebels and some (mentaly healthy )humans that don''t like the situation. In the end liberation comes and humans co-exist with aliens in peace! THE END This may sound weird because we have got used to the humans being the defenders and aliens the "bad guys" but we''ll have to face the truth sometime. Humans are not GOOD GUYS(and they don''t need aliens to prove that.They prove that against their own kind). Well i liked the idea...Did you? Voodoo4
Here these words vilifiers and pretenders, please let me die in solitude...
Advertisement

That is all.
======"The unexamined life is not worth living."-Socrates"Question everything. Especially Landfish."-Matt
Red Storm have done something like that, Alien Spices (one of the first 3D RTS). Anyway I like the idea, why not make humans the baddie!?

Take care,
Padrino
-------Padrino-------
Hmmm. Alie Spices? No thanks, I''ll take plain old salt.

=====
Are you aware that the people who bring you television actually refer to it openly as "programming?"
=====Are you aware that the people who bring you television actually refer to it openly as "programming?"
quote: Original post by Freakshow

Hmmm. Alien Spices? No thanks, I''ll take plain old salt.

=====
Are you aware that the people who bring you television actually refer to it openly as "programming?"

=====Are you aware that the people who bring you television actually refer to it openly as "programming?"
quote: Original post by Freakshow

=====

quote:
Freakshow
Fanatic

Posted - 11 August, 2000 1:26:34 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Original post by Freakshow

=====

?

"I know not what weapons World War III will be fought with, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
- Albert Einstein
Greenspun's Tenth Rule of Programming: "Any sufficiently complicated C or Fortran program contains an ad-hoc, informally-specified bug-ridden slow implementation of half of Common Lisp."
Goodness. That sucks, I can''t edit my reply properly, and I can''t delete. oh well. Guess I apologize...
I´m more fond of taking part in the human side in the alien´s slaying.

Something like playing the evil role.(we do all the time why not a bit more).
Besides it´s time of revenge after all the human casulties we suffer in the last 20 years (movies,games,etc.)

Conclusion:
You can choose whatever side you want.
You know, to do this right the humans should be EXTERMINATED in the end!!!! Just like all those "evil" aliens.

This reminds me of an idea I had awhile back: You were a human ET on an alien world. You had to avoid capture, run away from X-Files type investigators, and try to get parts for your ship. You also got to help take over the aliens, or defend them from nasty human pirates...

--------------------
Just waiting for the mothership...
--------------------Just waiting for the mothership...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement