🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Lemonade anyone?

Started by
38 comments, last by The President 23 years, 10 months ago
Funnily, my friend was asking me the same thing...

-Chris Bennett ("Insanity" of Dwarfsoft)

Check our site:
http://www.crosswinds.net/~dwarfsoft/
Check out our NPC AI Mailing List :
http://www.egroups.com/group/NPCAI/
made due to popular demand here at GDNet :)
Advertisement
Does anyone know if there is an update of Spy Hunter on the way? I thought I heard about one recently, but I don''t remember anything else about it.

Speaking of emulators...I got an old computer from someone with MAME on it and found an arcade ROM for an old game called Gyruss... I never saw it in the arcades, but that may be because the game is probably as old as (or older than) me, but it''s surprisingly fun. Unless you have something drastically against ROMs... isn''t it legal for 24 hours anyway? ...I''d recommend you download it just to play it once.

This whole thread goes along with my old ideas that as game designers, we all need to get back to the roots of design and look at gameplay rather than graphics. That may be the best thing of all about the little shareware development groups which have been fading out--while they didn''t have the best graphics or sound, they were generally fun! (And, after all, according to Paul Cunningham, "Our goal is fun!") There are still some good groups like this (Valve with Half-Life, and RTSoft with Dink Smallwood--now freeware, so look for it!) but there aren''t nearly enough.

How many people here have ideas but aren''t employed with a software company, and have actually pitched their ideas? The saddest thing for most of my ideas is I type them up, and then about a month or so later, I find a game with most of my ideas in it.

Sorry about the rant...

--

All hail the Technoweenie!
WNDCLASSEX Reality;......Reality.lpfnWndProc=ComputerGames;......RegisterClassEx(&Reality);Unable to register Reality...what's wrong?---------Dan Uptonhttp://0to1.orghttp://www20.brinkster.com/draqza
My favorite C=64 game is Bruce Lee. It was a platform game with some really cool puzzles. The graphics are lame looking now but back in 85 they were great Funny how you change perspective.

Dave "Dak Lozar" Loeser
Dave Dak Lozar Loeser
"Software Engineering is a race between the programmers, trying to make bigger and better fool-proof software, and the universe trying to make bigger fools. So far the Universe in winning."--anonymous
draqza-
---->The saddest thing for most of my ideas is I type them up, and then about a month or so later, I find a game with most of my ideas in it<----

draqza! ROTFTMEO! (rolling on the floor, tearing my eyes out!) *sigh*

at least I''m not the only one.

If you see the Buddha on the road, Kill Him. -apocryphal
quote: Original post by draqza
surprisingly fun. Unless you have something drastically against ROMs... isn''t it legal for 24 hours anyway?

I do not have anything against roms of games that the companies no longer market or try to sell, for consoles you can''t buy. But may I point out that it is not legal for 24 hours. I don''t know who said it was originally but it isn''t. It is illegal to copy games not declared public domain. You know if something is public domain you are free to dissassemble it and use the dissassembly for profit!

Well, I quite like Quake I. It was genuinely atmospheric, unlike Quake II which has too much light and it too well defined. I really like the particle blood in quake. And the gibs. With some particular mod you could get a super powerful rocket launcher which could gib a shambler which would cause a stack overflow.

------------------------------
#pragma twice
Zumichu - I remember Built To Win, gosh I loved that game. You started out with like a V-4 Model T looking thing, and you could upgrade your engine up to a V-12, by new tires and stuff. GOsh it was awesome.

Some other favs of mine that haven''t already been mentioned are:
ExciteBike, anybody remember that for NES? You could make your own track and everything.
Techno Bowl-beats the heck out of any Madden game today, that''s for sure.
Ninja of Gaiden, another great one.
The original Pitfall, I had it for my intellivision, lots of fun.
The old Where in the World (USA) is Carmen Sandiago.

I''ll stop for now

----------------------------------------

I'm fat, you're ugly. I can lose weight.

------------------------------------

"We are the music makers, and the dreamers of the dreams."
- Willy Wonka
TECMO BOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and hey, only one person mentioned me....that hurts guys....

Seriously though, Zelda, Excitebike, Crystalis on the NES. Rambo, Alex Kidd, Black Belt on the SMS. And I seem to recall this truck driving game on the Apple. Anyone else?

-------------------------------------------
"What's the story with your face, son?!?"
-------------------------------------------The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.Exodus 14:14
I was thinking of doing PC versions of Impossible Mission and/or Space Taxi (both are from the C64). Impossible Mission was impossible to beat (if you have, you''re a god) but it was damn fun =)

- Trelane
That Lemonade Stand game rocked! Remember the other stuff on that disk? Alien (guess the number), Black Hole (tron lightcycles), Idiot''s Delight (stupid graphics)!

Does anyone have the source code for Lemonade Stand available? I was too inexperienced back then to figure out the logic that it used, but I would love to look at it now!

How about it? I''d have a multi-player version up in hours if I could only see the math!
We should get together, the programmers and artists in here, and make a multiplayer lemonade stand game. I think it would be quite simple. I''m not a programmer, but I feel safe to say this at least

What do you guys say? LEMONADE STAND LADDER TOURNAMENT haha-

President
Go Go Go, 10 Cents / Glass, I made 13 signs baby
Avid Gamer & Designer

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement