🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Photographers needed.

Started by
4 comments, last by Fantasy Edge 23 years, 10 months ago
I origionally posted this in the help wanted section and come to the conclusion that no one was gonna be interested since that area is littered with programmers and things like that.

So in an attempt to rescue myself from my level of dumbassery, Im posting this here. The project is what it sounds. I need some photographers from around the world to assist me in doing a live action RPG . What I need is landscapes with little or no people in them.

But you may not know what exactly im talking about so if you would like to take some snapshots, please e-mail me @ paradox_xero@hotmail.com

Advertisement
You could always just use a program like Terragen. It can give you really nice photo-realistic landscapes that probably work better than actual photos if your game is 3d.

Its what I used until I went 2d with my game... now I''m trying to find 2d landscape artists!! heh heh heh

but my sprites are going well! *yay*

- T. Wade Murphy
What!? We can''t respond here!?

I live in sunny Seattle, I could do a few pictures for you. I''m a very good photografer.

Does it pay?

Also, I live on an old military base that''s about 1/3 wooded, as well as being surrounded by woods. (that''s not my property though) Would that help at all?

I''ll help out but at the very least, I''d like to be reembersed for the film plus a little extra for time.

Hmmm. Now that I think about it, I do want to put an "about me" on my web site. Maybe I can just put in some pictures of me and my place. Then you could see what I''m talking about.

E:cb woof!
IM afraid this is not a paying job my friend. I have no budget and this is not exactly a marketable game. If you are willing to take a few shots that would be much apreciated. What im looking for are pictures where i can post a sprite. basically these views are birds eye, front or side, slightly elevated 3 quarter view and distance. All of these have to be taken with no people in them for a better effect. They need to be in 16 bit color and be in 600X500 resolution. Im doing this also but I was hopeing to get scenes from all around the world. Im pretty good at photography as well but its not my real burning passion, its more somthing i did in school.
You need shots looking DOWN at the scene!? Oh my. Well, if I had a private helicopter, I could help you out. But no. Sorry.

Dont worry too much about that. Ill be editing the images any way. Whatever you can shoot will be fine. the world is not yet decided, all ive finished is the first world.(72 images)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement