🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Angelscript and C#

Started by
3 comments, last by macinkross 20 years, 1 month ago
Is it possible to use Angelscript in C#?
Advertisement
I haven''t used C#, but if it can interface with a dll, which I presume it can, then it should work. You''d just have to modify the syntax of angelscript.h

- Xavier
I cannot say. I don''t know how function pointers work in C#. If there is a way to take the pointer of a function in C# then I think it would only be a matter of wrapping AngelScript in a more .NET friendly shell.

There is also the difference between C# compiled to intermediate code, and C# compiled to machine code. How would this affect AngelScript? I don''t know.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

quote: Original post by WitchLord
I cannot say. I don''t know how function pointers work in C#. If there is a way to take the pointer of a function in C# then I think it would only be a matter of wrapping AngelScript in a more .NET friendly shell.

The .NET interop marshaller will marshal a .NET/C# delegate as a function pointer to unmanaged code via P/Invoke. See http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/cpguide/html/cpconusingcallbackfunctions.asp

--
AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.
[Project site] [Blog] [RSS] [Browse the source] [IRC channel]
--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]
Excellent reference! Thank you, Arild Fines.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement