🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Master of Orion -clone

Started by
20 comments, last by Knarkles 23 years, 10 months ago
quote: That sounds like Pax Imperia.... the gameplay wasn''t TOO bad, but it still had plenty of other problems that made it a pain to play multi. Actually, overall the game sucks compared to some others out there, but the always-real-time aspect was different.

Actually, the system doesn''t differ very much from a simple turn timer. The difference is, you don''t have to stop working on your empire when the turn ends. It''s only better. This doesn''t work in PBEM, of course. :I

-Jussi
Advertisement
I agree the tactical combat of Pax Imp2 were but ugly, but what I was trying to say above was that the strategic star map, the main game screen with the cool windows and menus and such were really good looking. Also, I said real time and 3D are good for marketability, but I also said that because there are very good benefits to it. As I said, the star map and main game screen of Pax Imp were really good looking. And the 3D isometric view with a fixed camera angle (so it was essentially a 2D map) for Star Trek Armada allowed for some cool special effects. Now I know that game was very boring and the races to much identical. But that 3D engine for the tactical combat of a MOO type game and to make it real time would be truelly cool. Plus, throw in the feature to issue orders while the game is paused and you would have a very good looking and fun game. And remember, when I say 3D, I dont mean the game is full 3D as in Homeworld, but rather 3D rendered 2D, as in flat 2D like star craft and with a fixed camera but everything being rendered in 3D with the nice affects that 3D allows.

Possibility

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement