🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

GameDev.net RPG

Started by
10 comments, last by runemaster 23 years, 8 months ago
I just had a cool idea...a GameDev.net RPG. Here''s an example : A mysterious person called Freakshow gives you the quest to find the mysterious Landfish.You ask the High Priest MadKeithV for help, and he tells you you must see General Paul Cunnigham.The General tells you of the ancient Nazrix, who know about the Landfish...but no-one knows where Nazrix is, except an ancient dwarf known as dwarfsoft.You find dwarfsoft in some dwarven underground city, but he is too busy posting useless stuff to raise his rank ( )so he can''t answer you.You sit down and ponder "what''s with stats ?" but can''t find an answer when you suddenly see a "END GOBLIN GENOCIDE" poster.On the poster, you find Freakshow''s fingerprints.Shocked, you head back to Freakshow''s house only to find that he is gone and the Landfish is there.And so on... Hey, I might even do that... another idea : GameDev.net fanfic ...!!! Runemaster Join the Game Developers SiteRing !
-----Jonas Kyratzes - writer, filmmaker, game designerPress ALT + F4 to see the special admin page.
Advertisement
I have one thing to say: LOL!!

Martee
Magnum Games
ReactOS - an Open-source operating system compatible with Windows NT apps and drivers
Oh, great idea!

"...And when the four moons shine high over the plain and the tides of magic turns, Runemaster draws forth the acient runes of power and opens a portal to The Lost World where fishes walk on land..."

Regards

nicba
hehehehe
that was great nicba !
If anyone else has ideas like that, post !

Runemaster
Join the Game Developers SiteRing !
-----Jonas Kyratzes - writer, filmmaker, game designerPress ALT + F4 to see the special admin page.
"As you walk through the GameDevarian Castle, you encounter a poor woman wearing red clothes that is propably a member of the Playmobilus Magicus Guild.She is obviously suffering from specular lightosis.She pulls out a lighsaber but since she doesn''t have any hands it drops to the ground, and she decides to use karate instead.You are saved by the wizard MagicCard who casts a spell on the creature and then explains how it got away from it''s thread."

Runemaster
LOL! But... What is so pointless about my posts? I stir up discussion right? Most of my posts are actually informative or contravercial... Like this one.. Only moreso

-Chris Bennett ("Insanity" of Dwarfsoft)

Check our site:
http://www.crosswinds.net/~dwarfsoft/
Check out our NPC AI Mailing List :
http://www.egroups.com/group/NPCAI/
made due to popular demand here at GDNet :)
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

- DarkMage139
++++++++++++++++
I can do things, things you never knew,
I can change your world if you only knew.

I can do miracles if you want me to.
Anything is possible, I'll prove it to you.
- DarkMage139
quote: Original post by runemaster

"As you walk through the GameDevarian Castle, you encounter a poor woman wearing red clothes that is propably a member of the Playmobilus Magicus Guild.She is obviously suffering from specular lightosis.She pulls out a lighsaber but since she doesn''t have any hands it drops to the ground, and she decides to use karate instead.You are saved by the wizard MagicCard who casts a spell on the creature and then explains how it got away from it''s thread."

Runemaster

Hahahahahaha. This has got to be one of the funniest things I''ve ever read on here!
Do not kill my thread !

Runemaster
Sorry to be necromancing... But I was just wondering if you were actually considering such a game... I would like to play it (even get involved )

-Chris Bennett of Dwarfsoft - Site:"The Philosophers'' Stone of Programming Alchemy" - IOL
The future of RPGs - Thanks to all the goblins over in our little Game Design Corner niche

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement