🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

can any 3d level/map modeler export to other 3d apps

Started by
1 comment, last by TG 23 years, 10 months ago
is there a 3d level design/maker program that can output objects or scenes to other 3d apps(3dmax objects or something else)?
Advertisement
3D modelling programs use and save data in different standard formats. The file format is usually clear from the 3 letter extensions .3ds or .cob or .tsx And many 3D modelling programs are proud to load many different types because it makes the program better(more popular). Just find a compatible format and MOST especially look at what a 3D modelling program can SAVE in and what it can LOAD in. They''re usually not the same so READ CLOSELY.

I use TrueSpace but use objects from all over in all formats.

ZoomBoy
Developing a 2D RPG with skills, weapons, and adventure.
See my character editor, Tile editor, diary,
____ 3D Art resources_____
at
Check out my web-site
i use 3ds max, export it as a .3ds file, and then use a program called 3dexploration by x dimension software (another free plug for them if they still exist!). it can then convert the .3ds file to opengl code, or microsoft's x file format if you're using direct x. it can also store texture coordinates and organizes textures well, too. it can also save to several other different formats if you plan to parse your own data.

a2k

Edited by - a2k on August 15, 2000 11:40:26 PM
------------------General Equation, this is Private Function reporting for duty, sir!a2k

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement