🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Read This, Please !!! It´s Important . :)

Started by
9 comments, last by NightCrowler 20 years, 1 month ago
Hi guys, First of all it´s a not a trolling message ok ?. I''d just like to make a survey (as players) with you. 1 - What kind of game do you like best? 2- What''s the top 5 items of a game, from de most important to less important? 3 - What do you think about MMO (Massive Multiplayer On-line) style game ? 4 - Would you pay a fee monthly for play an on-line game? If your answer is yes, what are the game requirements and the amount? 5 - What do you thing about RTS (Real-time Strategy) Games ? 6 - What do you like best in RTS games? 7 - What do you rate in RTS games? 8 - What do you like to see or be able to do in a RTS game, that you have never see? Cheers Mauricio
Advertisement
1. PC-style RPG''s.
2. Substance over style.
3. Great if it''s not dependent on socialization.
4. No. Never.
5. RTS in RPG''s is horrible, but pure RTS games are cool.
6. Wide and varied selection of units, landscape.
7. What?
8. CRPG-RTS.
1 - Driving games

2- Innovation, gameplay, graphics, sound, box art

3 - I want to something other than fight in them

4 - Hell no. I might pay money for the boxed game upfront, but never a monthly fee.

5 - Thier ok, but I usually loose interest after building my base for the 20th time

6 - Multiplayer mods

7 - Eh?

8 - Turn it all into a big FMV movie! (there was a post about this recently)

By the way, about the spelling in your post: j/k

[edited by - boolean on May 23, 2004 10:24:28 AM]
maybe not a troll, but this is probably not the right forum for this thread.

maybe it would be better to put this in the game design forum, not the story writing one?
Quote: Original post by EtnuBwahaha. I would've shot the guy in the balls.
Uh, yeah, I was kinda wondering what that post had to do in here at all...
shouldnt that be in the Lounge ?
-----------------------------Sancte Isidore ora pro nobis !
Thank you for wasting my bandwidth. Unfortunately the importance of this topic eludes me.

It would be nice if people would always use descriptive topic names, especially outside the lounge. There are too many topics here to read them all (unless you are some very sad loser with nothing else to do), and it is so much easier if you can look at the title and know whether or not it is something you are interested in.

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent" - Qui-Gon Jinn
[ DGDev - The Delphi Games Development Community ] [ Help GameDev.net fight cancer ] [ Shareaza - The Ultimate P2P Client ]
[ PGD - The Home of Pascal Game Development! ] [ Help GameDev.net fight cancer ]
It''s a called a survey, which is a useful business development and marketing tool.
1 - Real Time Strategy

2- Game Flow, Complexity, Customizability, Extendability, Story

3 - I dislike MMO, but on the other hand, I play internet multiplayer only (no single player EVER).

4 - Sure, if the game is good.

5 - Best genre ever.

6 - Action combined with logic. Games like Total Annihilation allow you to devise a new strategy for every match, and you can change it on the fly if things don't work out as you planned.

7 - HUH?

8 - Macross Zero or Macross Plus type convertible fighters ^.^

[edited by - Thygrrr on May 25, 2004 6:15:25 PM]
And a survey has nothing to do here...
-----------------------------Sancte Isidore ora pro nobis !
1) RPG

2) Story, Graphiks, Combat control, AI, Music

3) Crap

4) Yes - 0.0 $

5) Boring if dont hawe elements of RPG (WARCRAFT III)

6) Resource manigment & unit production

7) ---

8) All units can be upgraded as in RPG - (get magic per level, ading stats ...)

Now a question for you. What is the point of this ??

P.S.
Sory about the speling

Red Drake

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement