🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Titles...

Started by
8 comments, last by Nerapa 23 years, 10 months ago
We need better ranks. Can''t we change to something a bit better? Initiate, Saint, MARTYR!...blech!! WHO came up with those lame-brain ranks? What you need is something with purpose, drive, and ambition - something that people can idolize and covet. Jealousy makes the world go ''round, my boy. What about these: Fool Necromancer Hellspawn Demon Demon Overlord Archdemon Politician MUCH nicer...and while you''re changing the ranks my good man, why not be a bit more helpful and change my rank to Archdemon? You''ll need good friends where you''re going... *Nerapa laughs diabolically*
"I am not driven by hatred,I am not driven by fear,I am not driven by desire, duty, or any rationale.I can no longer feel any of these.All that remains is Retribution;Cold and hard and final..."
Advertisement
hmmmmmm......

Green Erick Software
So would I be a Politician or a Fool? I am both... kinda

-Chris Bennett ("Insanity" of Dwarfsoft)

Check our site:
http://www.crosswinds.net/~dwarfsoft/
Check out our NPC AI Mailing List :
http://www.egroups.com/group/NPCAI/
made due to popular demand here at GDNet :)
Well, I can see Politician being the hieght of evilry, but that's not something to work up to!! I sure wouldn't want to be a Politician. We need something really diabolical for the last rank that is more literal.

"I do not fear computers, I fear the lack of them"

- Isaac Asimov

Drew Sikora
Napali Networks, Inc.

Edited by - WebSpyder on August 22, 2000 10:41:58 AM
******************************"I do not fear computers, I fear the lack of them" - Isaac AsimovDrew SikoraNapali Networks, Inc.
quote: Original post by Nerapa
WHO came up with those lame-brain ranks?

That''d be me

quote:
What you need is something with purpose, drive, and ambition - something that people can idolize and covet. Jealousy makes the world go ''round, my boy.

Yeah, that''s exactly what we need: more people posting to gain rank.
Crud...

OK, those ranks are a really good start (nice job MyopicRhino!), but I think maybe we could get a little bit more creative.

quote:
Yeah, that''s exactly what we need: more people posting to gain rank.

Exactly! Greed makes the world go round. Besides, it makes the board more interesting. If we get too many more of those goody-two-shoes posters I think I''ll puke. People want entertainment, not outdated brain-teasers. Those people are such MORONS!

*Nerapa dances and laughs*
"I am not driven by hatred,I am not driven by fear,I am not driven by desire, duty, or any rationale.I can no longer feel any of these.All that remains is Retribution;Cold and hard and final..."
quote: Original post by Nerapa

Crud...

OK, those ranks are a really good start (nice job MyopicRhino!), but I think maybe we could get a little bit more creative.

Yeah, that's exactly what we need: more people posting to gain rank.

Exactly! Greed makes the world go round. Besides, it makes the board more interesting. If we get too many more of those goody-two-shoes posters I think I'll puke. People want entertainment, not outdated brain-teasers. Those people are such MORONS!

*Nerapa dances and laughs*

That was sarcasm, Nerapa. We don't need people posting completely pointless messages just for the purposes of raising their 'rank'. And rank, by the way is meaningless in its own right. It is just a count of how many posts you've made and doesn't give any clue as to actual ability. Some of the 'Zealots' and 'Saints', etc. on here are much less experienced than some of the 'Initiates' but the ranking just gives them a fake appearance of knowledge.

A while back, people were posting a lot just for rank (probably still doing it) and all it resulted in was really brilliant posts like "Yeah." or "My foot hurts." It will just end up wasting everyone's time as they try to sift through pointless messages.

Edited by - jaxson on August 22, 2000 4:33:00 PM
You talk as if people came here to learn instead of being entertained! There are probably more pointless messages here than anything else! Just look through the topics and see how many messages consist of:

"You are an idiot"

or

"MORON!"

or some such funny little statement. Lighten up a bit, for Hell''s sake! Life doesn''t revolve around YOU, you know. I''m sure a lot of people would want those kinds of posts, if they were brave an witty enough to make them. Why not try it yourself and see?

(Besides, if everyone else''s posts are pointless, we''ll be like gods here!)
Who gives, i am happy with the ranks as they are... Just not that happy with the initiate one
Mecha Engineer (Making Real Humanoid Suits)
I say saint should= saintanist...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement