🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Game Ideas Forum!!

Started by
16 comments, last by WebSpyder 23 years, 9 months ago
quote: Original post by ahw

But we would have to find a way to prevent Paul from being the only to post

youpla :-P

*Paul''s Brain*
****32343## Analysing.....
****23432## Logic error..
****75934## System halting
****93273## Pending Sevice..
****99999## Crash Imminent..

I love Game Design and it loves me back.

Our Goal is "Fun"!
Advertisement
Hey Dwarf, you should be nominated pres of the Republic for NPCs, an independent country in VirtualWorld. yeah, I''m being an ass, sorry.

Evryone! repeat after me!

Game Ideas section!
Game Ideas section!
Game Ideas section!
Game Ideas section!
Game Ideas section!
Game Ideas section!
Game Ideas section!
Game Ideas section!
Game Ideas section!
Thank God for cut and paste!

==============================
\\// live long and prosper; \||/ die short and rot.

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

I would really like a section where a could contribute mock up game ideas. Maybe it could be merged with the writers section that landfish is talking about. I think that would work well.

The "Concepts and Writing Think Tank" how about that for a name

Our Goal is "Fun"!
Yeah, Paul, I already mentioned that idea in Landfish''s thread. I think that would work very well.

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

quote:
Paul said :
I would really like a section where a could contribute mock up game ideas.

I can imagine the thread from there :
"
-Hey guys ! I have this cool idea of a game. Basically, you would have shapes made of 4 squares, arranged in different orders, and they would fall from the top of the screen, and the goal of the game would be to make lines of squares. Each time you do one line, it dissapears and you get points. You play as long as the screen is not full of non-finished lines.
Waddaya think ?
-Alexei, you are idea suck big time ! I mean, who would play a game whose goal is to make ... to do waht anyway ? pile up bricks ??? Come on !
-No way Alexei, it''s never gonna work...
"

LMAO
-----------------------------Sancte Isidore ora pro nobis !
quote: by ahw
-Hey guys ! I have this cool idea of a game. Basically, you would have shapes made of 4 squares, arranged in different orders, and they would fall from the top of the screen, and the goal of the game would be to make lines of squares. Each time you do one line, it dissapears and you get points. You play as long as the screen is not full of non-finished lines.
Waddaya think ?

ok, take the piss out me I can handle it. Btw, you might want to check this thread

hehehehe

Our Goal is "Fun"!

Edited by - Myopic Rhino on September 8, 2000 10:17:07 AM
You have my support for such a forum, I think it would be a great idea. The game design forums does not lack posters, I doubt the game ideas forum would not see much use. Have you suggested this to the GameDev webmasters ?
WHO DO THEYTHINK THEY'REFOOLING : YOU ?
Youow, good ol Myopic Rhino told the people over in the story forum thread he''d think about their''s and that he''s had a lot of new forum requests lately. Probably what''s gonna happen is the two forums will merge, I hope. I really dunno. Myopic want''s to change a lot of things around here (ranks, profiles, etc) so it may be a while before they think about new forums really. I hope it''s soon, cause I''d like some critiscm on a few game ideas of mine.

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement