🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Profile Splines/Images

Started by
2 comments, last by firoz 23 years, 10 months ago
Hi, Does anyone know of an internet resource where I can find profiles (or images) of a human head in front and side views. I''m trying to create a surfaced head in 3D Studio MAX and I don''t have a digital camera or scanner by which to import reference material. I''m just starting out so any advice or help or resources would be thoroughly appreciated. Firoz.
- ferret
Advertisement
Woa dude. your just starting out and this is what you choose to do. wow. you have hella ambition. Your sounding like me.
IN any event, why not draw a profile? Im an artist and I dont have most of the above written. Incidently, how long have you been working on max?

Why does my life have to be so hard in every world?
When I was looking for images to use as reference for a real looking head, I searched model databases. They have a lot of straight on and profile shots (cause the way they look is what gets them the job).

Just go to your favorite search engine and type in modeling agency, or something equivalent.

Also, if you''re just starting out, I wouldn''t suggest attempting to model a human head, especially if you want it to be life-like. Unless you have a strong grasp of 3D modeling concepts maybe you should start with doing the tutorials, you''ll end up there anyway so save yourself some frustration.

I suggest you learn the interface first. Then the tools. All the while you should be learning the concepts behind the different modeling techniques and what makes each better in certain situations, what their strengths and weaknesses are, etc.

Modeling and animating on a computer isn''t easy, but it''s incredibly rewarding.

-------
Monkey eat deadCricket, checkmate!
-------Monkey eat deadCricket, checkmate!
I suppose that it is rewarding. I find that it is fairly annoying more than anything but yes there is that feeling of reward when somthing works right after many hours of pissing around attempting to make it all work.
I recently started a very ambitios project very similar. Although there is a notable difference seeing as how instead of trying to do a head, i did the whole god damn body. OHH my god that was annoying. I spent 6 hours just attemting to connect the arm to the friggen torso.And the funny thing was that this was a low poly model dont in milkshape. In any event there is such a thing as biting off more than you can chew and mayber you should work through the tutorials first. I have a 600 page book about max to scratch my head about...
Although, keep in touch. im still learning, probably at the same rate you are.

Why does my life have to be so hard in every world?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement