🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

A few good ideas

Started by
5 comments, last by ImmaGNUman 23 years, 9 months ago
Well, Im sure most here has been annoyed once or twice by some of the quirks of this board so this is my idea: In the profile (or perhaps preferences thingy) the people who programmed this board could add the following options to make GD forums a nicer place: *Ignore marquees(this is really annoying, and im not being a troll) *Ignore User(some of these ideas come from my experience with IRC) * Ignore Bold, italic, colors, and/or Underline (slightly annoying, but sometimes its use is excessive) * This one everyone will like: IGNORE Anonymous Posters Dont do away with them, but if anons get out of control, you can just simply ignore them, and be at peace with the world. Now you guys may not like all of these ideas, but some of them are good, and workable. ----------------------------- A wise man once said "A person with half a clue is more dangerous than a person with or without one."
-----------------------------A wise man once said "A person with half a clue is more dangerous than a person with or without one."The Micro$haft BSOD T-Shirt
Advertisement
I THINK THERE SHOULD ALSO BE AN IGNORE CAPS OPTION
quote: Original post by Anonymous Poster

I THINK THERE SHOULD ALSO BE AN IGNORE CAPS OPTION

I think that was inevitable.

-Jussi
ImmaG was asking for that I have to admit, tho, that anoynymous posters can get annoying cause some just pop on, post for the hell of it and pop off. If I were a moderator I''d be ripping my hair out.

==============================
\\// live long and prosper; \||/ die short and rot.
==============================

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

Just a story to counter your idea that Anonymous means useless :

in France, a company called Michelin was doing tires, at the beginning of the century. At that time the tires weren''t the same than nowadays, but the engineers of the time didn''t have any new ideas. One day, one of the guy doing the broom in one of the workshop, posted a little piece of paper in the letterbox of one of the engineers... and this is how inflatable tires came to exist. Because some guy passing the broom in the workshop decided to say something, as anonymous as he was.
-----------------------------Sancte Isidore ora pro nobis !
Well, maybe when one of the Anons tells me how to create good tires I won''t think their so useless then.

-----------------------------

A wise man once said "A person with half a clue is more dangerous than a person with or without one."
-----------------------------A wise man once said "A person with half a clue is more dangerous than a person with or without one."The Micro$haft BSOD T-Shirt
And its free to register, so being anonymous is really useless in my opinoin.

Bam! Soy! Why I oughta...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement