🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

It's too different...

Started by
21 comments, last by DarkMage139 23 years, 10 months ago
quote: Original post by Selkrank
Of course, this would be hard to do and require huge amounts of writing, but that''s what Landfish wants, isn''t it?

-Jussi

Yeah, you''d think that Landfish would like that, but he''s not too crazy about it. Although, his argument (I think) is basically that you can''t have a cohesive story if there''s a bunch of relatively unrelated events.

Personally, if he is right, and doing something like this would sacrifice a cohesive story, then that''s okay with me. I think if you realize the limits of the method you''re using for the design and account for it, you can make it work. If you make a completely linear story, that''s okay, but you must realize that you''re leaving out the interactivity side. If you''re okay w/ that, then go for it. It works both ways.

It''s funny, when I propsed this, Landfish ripped me apart, but he''s not saying anything much this time

j/k...I rather enjoyed being ripped apart...it was quite beneficial.

"NPC's are people too!" --dwarfsoft

"`Nazrix is cool.' --Nazrix" --Darkmage

Need help? Well, go FAQ yourself. "Just don't look at the hole." -- Unspoken_Magi
Advertisement
It''s a very fine line we tread, between story and game. Where does interactivity stop helping and start hurting?

Go read my new thread. I''m sick of all these arguements.
======"The unexamined life is not worth living."-Socrates"Question everything. Especially Landfish."-Matt
I''m just waiting for DarkMage139 to return Hello?

I love Game Design and it loves me back.

Our Goal is "Fun"!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement