🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

A Poster of the Month

Started by
3 comments, last by AynRand 23 years, 9 months ago
I heard that you guys are going to get rid of the rating systems, so you should have a poster of the month, the most active post of the month, the funniest, the wierdest, the most pointless, etc. You should also have the worst poster of the month and should have a loser icon of some sort appear in his sig for a month. just some suggestions. Im outa here Bam! Soy! Why I oughta...
Advertisement
I''d only support something like this if its based on some sort of peered reviewing system (like Slashdot''s moderation).

I really like the software these forums are based on (UBB i think?), but I hate its rating system based on number of posts, and the reason is because on many sites (some a lot more than here), people tend to post tons and tons of inane crap just to get a high rating. They will post one line replies that have nothing to do with the original topic, etc. You end up with a really bad signal to noise ratio.
I hate spammers too. Maybe we could count that against them. If you get a bunch of spam messages from one person, he could be titled Spammer, instead of Zealot or Saint or whatever. Then his messages would be checked...i dunno. Just a thought.

What's done is done (Until you hit Undo) :)
-MSkinn99What's done is done (Until you hit Undo) :)Two wrongs don't make a right; but 3 lefts do.You'd be paranoid too if everyone was out to get you.
Yet another game programming web page...
I don''t think this would work. Besides adding additional work for us that wouldn''t have much of a benefit, it would simply change our problem from people posting to get rank to people posting to get some award.

The benefit from using the forums should be things like getting your questions answered, getting respect from your peers, making friends, etc. Not to get some superficial award.
hmmm....
OK

Bam! Soy! Why I oughta...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement