🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Yours Thankfully, Paul

Started by
10 comments, last by Paul Cunningham 23 years, 9 months ago
I know that this is probably the wrong place to do this as the lounge would be more appropriate. But i don''t think the message would reach the people i want it to reach if i posted this thread there. I''ve been keeping all of the emails that come to me in my inbox when people reply to one of my threads. You know the ones i''m talking about. I''ve got a directory there in my inbox for gamedev replies. Anyhow it''s just clocked over 1000 emails from your replies so i thought it would be a good opportunity to sincerly exclaim my thanks to all of you for taking the time to read and reply to my threads THANKYOU TO ALL OF YOU PAST AND PRESENT, It''s been a lot of fun and i''m looking forward to the next 1000 replies I hope all of you are still here when that happens as well as myself. Thanks again and i hope that i''m returning the favour. I couldn''t mention you one by one because i know i''ll miss someone and some will get upset. And if i start with one name that i''ll have to keep going. Keep up the great effort people and take care. Yours "most" Thankfully, Paul Cunningham
Advertisement
Yeah, I know, somewhere along the line there you took over for me as most prolific design forum poster.

I wonder when I hit 1000? Hmph. End Gobby Genocide prolly makes up more than half of that. Questions! Bob? Bob? Listen to me Bob! I won''t say it again!
======"The unexamined life is not worth living."-Socrates"Question everything. Especially Landfish."-Matt
Well done on the writing section btw Landfish.

I love Game Design and it loves me back.

Our Goal is "Fun"!
What about those of us who have never (actually I have twice I think) posted a message, but have answered MANY MANY messages ... and try to answer them all in a helpful way (except on the occasions when silliness simply takes over). And yes, I''m braggin on myself in the third person Man, you know what I think would be cool, if there was some form of simple feedback, like if the original message poster could click a button on your response post, which would flag it as "helpful" and you could even allow a similar system in which the moderator of the group could click messages as "flames" or "junk" and if certain users had 100s of flames / junk post, and very little helpful or other posts, then you''d put ''em on probabtion ... Oh well, just a sugestion. BTW, I have enjoyed threads from both of you guys!
Hmm, you guys are starting to be something like minor deities to me .... how does it feel to be a legend ?

Runemaster now working on Acronia : Secrets of Magic
Join the Game Developers RuneRing !
The Specular Lightosis Research Fund
This is a message from God: "Rebooting the universe, please log off."
-----Jonas Kyratzes - writer, filmmaker, game designerPress ALT + F4 to see the special admin page.
Pretty cool You realise that its not hard to become pronounced in such small communities like ours here at gamedev. Share and share alike i say!

Our Goal is "Fun"!
I look forward to all of your post Paul! Your (as well as others) thought provoking and always fun to read. Keep it up!

Dave "Dak Lozar" Loeser

Dave Dak Lozar Loeser
"Software Engineering is a race between the programmers, trying to make bigger and better fool-proof software, and the universe trying to make bigger fools. So far the Universe in winning."--anonymous
Just chiming in-

I would also like to thank the two of you (and Wavinator) for such thought-provoking topics. I know from other boards how much more it takes to start a really good discussion than to just sit back and reply/criticize the original poster. So many people (myself included) either just reply to interesting topics, or only post topics when they need help w/ something. Its guys like you that make this the best game design board out there, IMO, and believe me, I''ve seen quite a few that don''t event come close. Oh, and while I''m smooching ass, it also helps to have a moderator like Keith who will step in w/ thoughts of his own, and knows when to let a slightly off-topic post slide. I''ve seen alot of boards ruined by over-zealous moderators. Ok, my lips are tired. That''s all.

If you see the Buddha on the road, Kill Him. -apocryphal
If you see the Buddha on the road, Kill Him. -apocryphal
Well its all gamedev''s fault. If they didn''t set this place up so well then none of us would be so addicted to this place. *waving fist* Damn you gamedev!

Our Goal is "Fun"!
Yea, the place that I''m currently contracting has got to be getting some pretty strange HTTP logs from me... all of them are from gamedev.net

I''m sure to be sacked

Dave "Dak Lozar" Loeser

Dave Dak Lozar Loeser
"Software Engineering is a race between the programmers, trying to make bigger and better fool-proof software, and the universe trying to make bigger fools. So far the Universe in winning."--anonymous

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement