🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Books/Article on Sim/Management game design

Started by
0 comments, last by cliffski 23 years, 9 months ago
Anyone know of any books or articles on how games like SimCity, ThemePark or Gangsters are coded? Or even designed from an abstract pseudo-code POV. I have done one sim/managemet game, and just starting my second, but I''m reverse engineering a lot of stuff which may (i guess) be in books or articles. Anybody know of any? Cheers http://www.positech.co.uk
Advertisement
Books and articles I have none.... but theory, I have aplenty!

Developers seem to keep this stuff close to their vest. Unfortunately, most aren''t like scientists, into sharing their work (or even releasing friggin'' outdated sourcecode).

You might try some of the gaming sites. From time to time they''ll have developer interviews that can be somewhat revealing. I haven''t used it in awhile, but Next Gen magazine sometimes had some great articles (I recall one on the Sims some time ago, not sure which one).

Also, Game Developer magazine can be good from time to time (tho'' most of the articles seems to be geared toward cutting edge graphics in my experience)

--------------------
Just waiting for the mothership...
--------------------Just waiting for the mothership...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement